Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hair Supplement

Do any of you use any kind of supplement that might help the coat . I've done the warm bath and brushing but thought maybe a supplement might help get his coat back . TIA

Re: Hair Supplement

Inflight worked wonders for our guys. Some folks haven't been so lucky, but we've seen incredible results. Worth every penny. Just make sure at least 90% of coat has blown, then put your guys on it, and keep them on it until you want them to blow again. Will see results within 4-6 weeks. SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......don't tell anyone!

Best thing I found when the coat is growing is the highest protein food you can find. I use ProPlan Performance and Raw Instinct, which is now just called Instinct. Hair is built from protein. Supplements improve skin condition and the production of natural oils. It seems that protein does it all! I don't use any coat supplements any more, and I've got great coats in both my Labs and my Havanese.

Im trying the Ultimate, only been using it for 3 weeks now so I cant comment yet! But it came recommended!

http://storesense4.megawebservers.com/naturesfarmacywest_com/Categories.bok?category=Skin+%26+Coat

I've got my girl on EVO Turkey and 3 fish oil caps a day. So far, her coat's the best it's ever been. She's getting ready to blow now, so the true test will be when the coat comes back.

Mira Coat!

Re: Re: Hair Supplement

I agree with Mirra-Coat. I use it after they start blowing, to speed things up and push out the old coat.

Don't use it on all the dogs, and don't use it all the time. Sometimes one or two dogs will need a little help to push out the dead coat.

MK

Re: Re: Hair Supplement

We just started with Instinct. I'll be curious to find if I'll notice a different. My 2 oldest are blowing big time, my youngest not at all.

Nice to hear all the feedback..............lots of different things working for the dogs. Great News!!!!
Our chocolates are all different colors/shades right now. Ugh.

Thanks for the info