Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update Regarding the Paul Stapleton Post

This is very interesting...

I just read the other day via a post on this site as well as through an email the whole story of how Paul was dishonest about his intentions when looking for a dog back in March. He had emailed me at the time "looking for a family pet," though I didn't have anything available for him. Anyway, thinking he was probably an okay guy, I mentioned on this site that if anyone had any older dogs available, I had heard from somonone who was looking for one. Since then, I hadn't heard from or about him until the other day when I read the email and the post saying what he had done and how the whole thing was very disshonest of him.

Now, just today, I recieved an email from him again--though I'm not sure if he's even aware that he had been in touch with me before, or perhaps it's because I helped him find a dog back then that he is contacting me again. In any case, this time he emailed me saying this...

"Could you please let me know if you have or might have in the future, a 1 to two year old Lab that you think would be a good fit to do service work. You have beautiful pictures on your web site. Thank You"

I didn't even recognize the email address from a few months ago, so I wrote him back saying that I didn't have anything at the moment, but in case something should come up what type of service work was he referring to. Then I recieved this reply from him...

"I have a background in EDC(explosive detection canine) work. Every dog is place with a family after training is complete. I use a single handler system which means after training is complete the dog is placed and stays with the family of the handler and stays with them for the duration of there life excluding any unforeseen problems. Thank you for responding to my email and hope to here from you in the near future. You can reach me anytime on my Cell # xxx-xxx-xxx. Thank You Paul Stapleton."

From the looks of things, he seems to have learned from the experience, and is now being a little more up front about his intentions. If so, I'm glad to hear it. However, you still have to wonder why he felt he had to lie in the first place...

Re: Update Regarding the Paul Stapleton Post

Hi Candy ,
Louise here thank you for all your help in posting this. Yes I guess he will be more up front now for the intentions for the use of the dogs instead of lying to people.
Makes no difference if he tells the truth now or not. I will never ever place dog with him in my life . None of my dogs go for profit to any home if they would I would send them into pet homes unspayed or neutered. This would never happen at all!!!!

He has only done this with the truth because he knows he has been had and will not receive many replies for a dog if he does lie.
Louise

Re: Re: Update Regarding the Paul Stapleton Post

That's pretty much the same feeling I have. Otherwise, he never would have been disshonest to start with. It's not so much that what the dogs are doing isn't good, because they do serve a very good purpose, and assuming they are well taken care of that's great, but I personaly just wouldn't tust a man who had previously lied about it. It just doesn't look good.

On the other hand, if he truley did learn from the experience, and is trying to do the right thing now, whatever the reason, shouldn't he be rewarded for turning around? Again, I'm not saying that I would give him one of my own dogs, but if he is trying to do the right thing now, and if the dogs are in good homes, perhaps that's all the realy matters?

I just don't know...

I won't be placing my dogs with him, and I certianly wouldn't refer him to anyone again, but it does seem wrong to completley write him off for a past mistake IF he is changing his approach.