Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HW meds

I've heard of some people ordering heartworm meds from Australia. Does anyone have a good resource to order from?

Re: HW meds

I don't have a resource but wanted to mention mfg companies guaranteeing their products.

Ivermectin for instance will guarantee their product (pay for treatment if dog gets HW) only if you purchase it from your vet. Not on line.

They will also guarantee under your vets protocol of HW occult. If your vet recommends testing every year you must to this to be covered. If every 2 years is your vet's protocol than you are covered testing every 2 years.

Re: Re: HW meds

We buy our ivermectin from Australia. We HW test annually and no problems for the last 2 years.

You can email me for the company name if you want.

I got this info from my trainer who's been doing it with her HT labs and no problems with HW.

There is also a generic heartguard available now called Iverheart. It's very inexpensive. Your vet can order it via Webster.

Re: Re: HW meds

Please buy American.

Re: Re: Re: HW meds

Yeah right. Just as soon as everyone starts buying american (Ford, GM, Chrysler) made cars.

Re: Re: Re: Re: HW meds

Point taken.

a little off subject but with all the recent crap going on with all the dog food recalls I have to agree with:

Buy American!!!!

If these dog food manufacturers had in the first place the recall may never have happened and effected so many of us.