Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for Lab breeders in Maine

Does anyone up in the Portalnd area know of the multi breed breeders

labradors are listed as one of the Other Breeds at the the link at the top of the page?

http://maineberners.com/index.html

Re: looking for Lab breeders in Maine

they are "new" to me. Have never heard of them and without pedigrees on any of the dogs it's hard to tell much?

Guess, if I were interested an e-mail or a phone call would provide information directly from the source?

I've never heard of these people before...

Never heard of them.

If you're looking for breeders in Maine, email me, I'm breeder/puppy contact for the Lab Club of Greater Boston
barb

I suggest you click the website area are at the top of this posting board and do a search of the Labrador breeder listings on Wiscoy. Jill doesn't just take anyone for her listings, she is particular who she allows on her site at a nominal fee. Your other good option is a Labrador Retriever club as mentioned. They will have litter listings from reputable labrador breeders.

A good Labrador breeder will not offer everyone full registration of pups from their lines. Read the business end tab on the site you mentioned for mostly Bernese Moumtain Dogs. I am sure you can find a good Lab breeder in your area or close to it. GL.

thank you

Thank you to all who responded. I was not looking for a labrador, just to see if anyone has ever heard of these breeders. I didn't really make that clear in my initial post.

thanks for your help.

Re: thank you

I would look for a good Labrador breeder near by. By that I mean this is a pup you will have for the next 13 to 14 years. So a little drive is well worth it in the long run. I would stick with show breeders that show you pedigree and health clearances right there on their pages. Some breeders ? can sure do a nice looking web page but really saying nothing. These are the ones that seem to ask so much also for pups. Another clue, and sell show prospects for more than pets, like they can really pick one. Keep looking around, but ask questions, don't be afraid to do that, we are use to it. You will get a great puppy from a show breeder, they can't all be shown.

Re: Re: thank you

Come to the show in Cumberland at the fair grounds Saturday or Sunday. A bunch of us will be there and recomend breeders of other breeds if you are looking for a bearnie or weim. There are 20 labs entered and most of us are local, We are all good friends too. I will try to remember to bring my Federation of Dog Breeder directory for you for other breeds.

Re: Re: Re: thank you

Forgot to mention Labs are in the Ring at 10:30 SAturday. I am not sure what time Sunday as I will not be there. I have to work

Re: thank you

you were posting to see if anyone had heard of these ppl?