Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Evangeline's Maestro

With a heavy heart I allowed my special boy to enter the "rainbow bridge". I'm sure many of you remember him when he was WD, BOW at the Miami Valley specialty in 1997. What a proud moment that was! I still drink my coffee from the mug he won from the open black class that day. He "owned" his girls and strutted about with the cockiness of a great stud dog. Several of his get were TDI certified and so many clients wanted his babies, as they were so incredibly laid back and sweet.
He was a clown at home and was constantly at my side.
The last few years were difficult, as with any aging pet. His weight had dwindled down and he didn't even have the energy to protest when one of the other dogs bumped him. So I allowed him to go with some dignity and he left peacefully. I will miss him terribly.
Love you, my dear old man!

Re: Evangeline's Maestro

Sharon,
I am so sorry to hear that your boy Maestro is gone.
Only in body though, as he will always be in your heart.
He was one handsome dude and a real sweetheart too!
A hug to you my friend.
Take care
Alyce

Re: Re: Evangeline's Maestro

Godspeed Maestro.
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your boy.

Re: Re: Re: Evangeline's Maestro

I didn't know your special boy but I have to say...I am so sorry for your loss. Your story of his passing brings tears to my eyes.

Sharon, we are so very sorry to hear of Maestro's passing. They are never with us long enough. We know the saddness you are feeling now, but he will live on in his kids and grandkids and always in your heart. We are blessed to have his daughter, Morgan, with us and yes, she is definitely a sweetheart.

Godspeed, Maestro.

Tina & Tonya

Re: Re: Evangeline's Maestro

I am very sorry to hear about this great loss for you.....I know the sorrow and pain....He is with no more pain and running and happy with all the others. He is has left you with much to be grateful for......

You did the right thing, the kindest thing, and you allowed him to pass with dignity. You have been his caretaker his whole life and he trusted you to make the transition for him, and he appreciates you for it. You will not regret allowing him to pass before he got miserable and painful. I know because I have been there before. Take good care of yourself because you need that right now, and Godspeed Maestro!