Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Breeding Luck on a Progesterone of 22.

Hi, Much to my surprise my female went in doe her baseline Progesterone today at 3:00PM on day 8 of her heat and is already a 22. Is there any chance of a successful breeding tomorrow morning with such high nos?????????

Re: Breeding Luck on a Progesterone of 22.

It would be hard to say based on the results of only that one progesterone test since you don't know when the LH surge occurred nor when ovulation occurred.

Once the numbers hit approx 5.0 nanograms, the numbers can jump high really quick... or they may not.

Re: Breeding Luck on a Progesterone of 22.

With this last breeding in March, I only did 1 progesterone since I used a local boy and my girl has a history or 2 other breedings to go on her ovulation timing. Her progesterone was 18.4 ng on a Monday morning which I didn't find out about until Tuesday morning but we bred her via AI Monday night when her NGs had to have been close to 25. Our girl whelped 5 puppies so never say never on those late breedings.

Re: Re: Breeding Luck on a Progesterone of 22.

I recently had a b**ch come back in heat on a split cycle (my first). On what I thought was about day 8, I did a progesterne test, in AM at Cornell. The vet called me late that afternoon and said she was a 19. We AI'd her that evening and she IS pregnant. She missed the last cycle, doing the Target test. Good luck.

Re: Re: Re: Breeding Luck on a Progesterone of 22.

We had 9 golden retriever puppies at a first progesterone of 24!