Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dog friendly camps/cabins/motels?

I hope to be busy with puppies when the show is held but would like to visit the area before then--any suggestions? We drove up Mount Washington when we went to the Lab Camp in 1999--lordy--it took 10 years off my life--but oh what fun and memories!

Re: dog friendly camps/cabins/motels?

There is a show up in the North Conway region. You should try and contact Jeanne Charest as she is the chairperson for the show and her club lists the dog friendly places. My personnel favorite is the Swiss Motel, just west of North Conway

Re: Re: dog friendly camps/cabins/motels?

We used to camp at The Beach Campground with my MIL's Shepherd. It is right on the Saco river and is a very nice campground if you have all your tenting suplies or a camper. Sorry I don't know the telephone number.

Motel 6 is dog friendly....always clean, not fancy though, very reasonable rates.

North Conway
the swiss motel is dog friendly, my personal favorite is the village inn in jackson, VERY dog friendly.... Jeanne Charest had told me about it, we stayed there last year for the north conway show and we LOVED it, merlin had his own bed with a tug toy and a cookie on his pillow!!!!

barb

Re: Re: dog friendly camps/cabins/motels?

Hi Jean! We are already booked into the Swiss Chalets! Jeanne Charest was nice enough to send me the name and phone number of the motel. Sounds like they have some interesting rooms! We stayed elsewhere last year. Found a fabulous restaurant just over the border into Maine, will have to dig up the name. See you there if not before!

You could also call the North Conway Chamber of Commerse. We have a zillion places to stay and eat in the area and I'm sure the Chamber keeps a list of dog friendly ones. There are so many places here and news ones being built all the time that I didn't know we had a Motel 6

Re: Re: Re: dog friendly camps/cabins/motels?

Beth - let me know the restaurant in Maine. We are always looking for different places to eat. Our reservations are in at the Swiss. See you there or maybe before.