Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
emails/spam using real kennel names

I have noticed over the past week that in my spam box I have had several "suspicious" emails that are from real labrador kennels/breeders. The subjects are hello, good day... realy abstract. I have contacted these people and they did not send the email. Then today I recieved a failure to send message that I tried to send an email to yet another lab kennel... which I did NOT. I have found this all very strange, especially since they are real names of labrador breeding programs.

Has anyone else seen this lately

PS these breeders are not in my address book in my email or anything, I just know of them.

Re: emails/spam using real kennel names

THere are spam programs that pick up URL addresses and send their junk mail to 1,000s of addresses. I got hit last year--my URL was being used to send emails about loan offers and all sorts of things that make no sense when you see my web address.

Flag them as spam and hope they quit soon.

MK

They got my web address and are using it to send spam. I even get spam from my own web site!!! Makes me so mad, but talked with my provider and there is not much I can do.

Check your computer for viruses.

Also check for spyware - There are several free programs available.

Re: Re: emails/spam using real kennel names

I have a Mac and Macs don't get viruses : ) Plus, the messages were going out to email addresses all areound the world that I have never contacted. I do NOT keep an address book just for that reason.

MK

Ignorance must be bliss.

I got an email from myself yesterday, I thought hmmmmm I must be really losing my mind!!!!

Re: Re: Re: emails/spam using real kennel names

How strange. I just got two emails last week from my website email and they were responses to Bernese Mountain dog breeders telling me they would add me to their list. I was like huh?? When I emailed back to say I was not interested and didn't inquire about puppies the same thing came back to me saying they had no puppies, but would be more than happy to ad me to their list. Can you say computer hick-up??

Shelley

I am getting lots of those from Argentina