Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boric Acid Powder

I was wanting to make the ear recipe that has been posted. I am having trouble finding the Boric Acid Powder. I checked Meijer and Rite Aid pharmacy. The mgr at Rite Aid said he can't even order it and then looked at me like he suspected I was trying to cook Meth or something! Where can you find it?

Re: Boric Acid Powder

You can get it at Home Depot in the area where you get roach killers. It is in a white and red plastic bottle.

You can just buy this product - it's the pre made 'purple stuff' : http://www.k9rawdiet.com/K-9-Ear-Solutions-Ear-Cleaner-Gentian-Violet-Formula-pr-112.html

Re: Re: Boric Acid Powder

They have boric acid powder on the shelf at my CVS. I have to wonder if your store manager is confused.

I got mine at Meijers.

I have an even harder time finding gentian violet.
It took me forever to find it last time and now I have no idea where I got it from. I have asked at RiteAid, Walgreens and they look at me like I am nuts.
I even tried to get it from out health food store and they don't have it in their order books.

Re: Re: Boric Acid Powder

Within the last year, I had purchased both at Kroger Pharmacies but you might have to check with the pharmacist.

Re: Re: Re: Boric Acid Powder

We buy boric acid powder and gentian violet at WalMart.

Someone told me the gentian violet is located by the iodine in the pharmacy.

Walmart carries the Boric Acid in their pharmacy department. Or at least the one does around here.

Went to Walmart and no luck finding it but did locate it at RiteAid. This is the very same place I tried ordering it from once and they looked at me like I was on crack and had no clue what it was. When it came in it was the wrong stuff any way.