Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need some advice

I was just wondering if anybody else has ever experienced this. I have a normally healthy 2.5 year old girl who has been experiencing symptoms of a false pregnancy. She was bred but it did not take (ultrasound showed no puppies and her uterine lining was back to pre-estrus). Her due date was 7/5. She has shown signs of nesting during this past week and today, her stomach is quite upset (she has thrown up numerous times). Her temp is 101.4 - well within normal.

Just wondering if any one else has had this happen during a false pregnancy or is this just a fluke? TIA

Re: Need some advice

You can miss pups on an U/S. I had a friend years ago who had a singleton who saw nothing on the U/S. You might want to run her in tommorrow for an xray.

Hope everything turns out OK for your girl. Good Luck.

I agree with Peggy. I would have an x-ray done just to be sure. My repro vet advised me to do that when we went in for an ultrasound that showed no puppies in one of my girls. She admitted that there could be one or two that were missed and advised me to have an x-ray done the week of her due date.

Re: Re: Need some advice

I had a girl last heat that we bred, she wasn't pregnant, did a ultra sound followed up by x-ray around the date she was due. Nothing, she had milk, was nesting and her temp dropped when I thought was the date she was due. I understand that they can show these signs for false pregnancy which she did.

Well...did she have any puppies?