Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bad Breath

I have a 5 year old female that has breath and has for some time now. We have had her teeth cleaned, brushed them, given her bones and toys to chew on and she does not have any bad teeth. Any ideas why or what I can do to get rid of it?

Re: Bad Breath

I have a vet friend who just got home from a dental seminar who gave me all for her "freebies" to try on my dogs. One of the items was a bottle of C.E.T AquaDent drinking water additive for dogs and cats. I gave it a try on my guys and it works great.

Parsley

Re: Re: Bad Breath

Could she be licking her butt a lot? I have one girl that will do this once in a while and at work we call it "a__ breath". The mouth rinses from the vet work great.

Have you closely examined the roof of her mouth? I've had two seperate dogs get small sticks lodged up on the roof,so tightly it was tough to get out... Their breath was terrible; but once I removed it- breath went back to normal

Don't forget the dogs that sneak a treat when you aren't looking...like poop. The dog might not be eating it all but it probably doesn't take too much to offend.

Re: Re: Bad Breath

I put one of my bitches on grain free food and her breath got alot better, as well as her teeth.

What about checking the anal sacs. If there licking back there that could be the smell to.