Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Spam Email

Need I say more: Anyone else received this and deleted it?

Sir/Madam
I'm admirer of very smart breed Labradors retriever,i have 10 Labradors in my kennel,yellow and black. All of them are Indian champions, one of them is Reserve dog of the year 2000-01 all breeds.

I'm interested to buy a pair of pups to enrich my kennel.

Please provide me the following:

1.Approximate price of pups in U.S.A
2.I would like to meet you as I'm coming to U.S.A
3.Good breeders' addresses who have puppies with them. Is there any specialty show kindly inform me.

yours sincerely,
K. Khemchand shrivastava

God, they never quit

Re: Another Spam Email

Call me dumb but why do you think this is Spam? He's not asking for $$$ to be sent somewhere and he asked about going to a Specialty etc.

Don't you think the "Sir/Madam" is a bit of a tip off? I'd like to see something more like the following: "I have been following your wonderful stud dog, Hot Harry, for the last couple of years........" etc etc etc.

Re: Re: Another Spam Email

I see nothing suspicious with the salutation as the person is from another country with different manners/customs than us.
And, perhaps the person(s) he is sending the mail to doesn't have a known "stud".
I still don't understand why the e-mail/inquiry would be "spam".

Re: Re: Re: Another Spam Email

If you don't understand why then it is probably because you have not yet been hit with the hundreds of spams targeting any breeder of any breed out there that happen to flood my in box as fast as I can delete them. They are always formated the same way....Dear Sir/madam....Kindest friend, honorable breeder..etc., and then a story about how they are truly interested in YOUR dogs YOUR opinions, are always from another country and needing price info etc. They cant wait to meet you, want to go to shows, learn about the breed, often have children just dying for one of YOUR dogs.

IF you get one by all means, answer and see for yourself....most likely they will then tell you a complicated story of how they need to send you a money order or some such and some how you will be asked to give them either cash back or there will be some strange shipping scam. Primetime had a special about these scams recently.
Many are from Nigeria but good luck tracking them back to there.
These scams are so well known that many big breeder sites like BREEDERS.Com etc have a disclaimer that warns about them.
They REALLY target people who advertise on such sites.
Lots of times I see things like...I am a Dr..I am a General in Blah Blah army, I am a banker...really it is funny how creative some can be:)
Still...as obvious as they may seem, people are still falling for them.
Annie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Spam Email

Thanks for the explanation.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Spam Email

No problem....
I learned by thinking someone just needed help once when they were asking me to refer them to other breeders who might have pups and when I did so, I wound up getting a mail back that gave some very convoluted pitch to buy one of my puppies ( that didn't exist ) if only I could help them access their very sizable bank account here in the states that they apparently couldn't access.

I have since learned that I opened myself up for all this when I posted to a couple breeder websites some while back. I have corresponded with a few overseas people who were very nice, and there was a very discernible difference in their opening emails. I would never ignore a person just because they were not where I was from, but most of these I can tell before even bothering to open them and they go right to trash:)

On the Prime time special, there was one woman who said that if they were going to waste her time, she was going to waste theirs and responded to every one she got just as if she believed everything they said sending THEM on odd goose chases for HER when they wanted her to meet up with their "representatives" to transfer monies etc....pretty funny if you have the time:)
Annie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Spam Email

Actually I have a friend who has non -labs Has Top producing dogs in her breed.Told me she got a email like this a couple of years ago.
She to thought It was a scam. And was going to trash it.
But it was legit, The family is from Egypt
And ended up they came over and bought a pup. Show prospect.
Took it home and it got finished over there.And brought it back over here to the states. And got majors on it at the 4 day Denver shows this past Feb.

So now she pays more attention to these kind of emails.

I know they aren't all good. But you should just ask questions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another Spam Email

Same here...2 of mine went to Isreal...

Wish I knew how to block them all!