Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good-bye to Annie Cogo

This afternoon Annie Cogo of Windfall Labradors died after a valiant battle with suffering a massive stroke on July 3. Annie will be cremated. Final arrangements for services are incomplete and will be posted some time tomorrow. A condolence card and/or a donation in Annie's memory may be made to the Cogo Family at: Ron Cogo & Family, 1408 N. Kellogg, Howell, MI 48843-9021. We all send our prayers for Annie to have her peaceful rest and a speedy journey to heaven. Each of us may now take solace in our own personal memories of this inimitable, gregarious, and unique human being, simply known as "Annie".
Pauline, Nancy, Angela, Laura, Cathy & Sheila

Re: Good-bye to Annie Cogo

Pauline ..what is the URL to Annie's web site?

TY

I am soooo very sorry. Goodbye Annie, Rest in Peace. My deepest sympathies to her family and friends!

I am so sorry to hear this.

Heartfelt condolences to Annie's friends and family.
Very, very sad news.
Margaret

I am sure she is in heaven with her friends, family and labs that have gone before her. They had a joyful reunion. The sadness is for those left behind. Godspeed, Annie.

How sad! My condolences to her husband Ron and her family and friends. Godspeed Annie!

Condolences to her family, friends, and loved pets.
Annie Hennessy

Our condolences to the family and friends. A great loss to the labrador community. Rest in peace!

She will be missed. Thoughts and prayers to her family.

Debbie

Thank you for letting us know. Very sad news today. Condolences to the family.

Re: Re: Good-bye to Annie Cogo

Thank you girls for keeping us informed.
Our Deepest Sympathies to Ron, her Family, and friends.
Godspeed Annie!!
Your legacy will live on in the Lab world.

Thank you Pauline, Angela, Nancy, Laura, Cathy and Sheila.

The world has lost one of its shining stars but there's a new one in heaven now......

Condolences to Ron and family and all who knew and loved this wonderful lady..

gcb

How terribly sad for her family, her friends and the entire Labrador World.

There are no words at all......

Re: Re: Re: Good-bye to Annie Cogo

So many lovely dogs left behind for us to remember her by

Godspeed Annie,
I know that you are up in heaven looking down on us and saying" Look guys....I can run around the ring and there is no more pain".....
You will be missed, dear friend....

Bev

Re: Re: Re: Re: Good-bye to Annie Cogo

Thank you Pauline for giving us updates and all you girls for taking care of her dogs. Annie can rest easy knowing you are taking care of them. Her dogs have made their mark in the breed being among the best, she was a true icon. We will miss her.
Traci and Ellie Stintzcum

So very very sorry to hear this news She is in heaven with our dear sweet Lord and he had some reason for taking her from this world now, he needed her for some reason God bless her and her family and dogs.
Aloha,
Jackie

What a wonderful Brilliant, Kind and loving Human being, never to be forgotten, forever missed!! may our mercyful Lord keep our dear friend ANNIE close to Him and May God have mercy on all of us.

Jerry & Joan

I consider myself blessed to have been part of her "Labrador World." I have beautiful dogs because of her and her wonderful advice. The dogs we co-own that live in my home will be even more cherished now.
To Ron, Josh and that beautiful granddaughter that she loved so much I extend my heartfelt sympathy. The world will not be the same without her but I know she will be watching us all surrounded by the wonderful Labradors that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.
Susan

Godspeed Annie. May you rest in peace.
My sincerest condolences to Annie's family and friends.

This is so very sad. Condolences to Ron and family.

What a sad day for us all. The brightest star in the sky tonight will be our Annie, who always had a kind word for everyone. You will be greatly missed my friend. Thanks to our fellow breeders for giving her dogs such loving care. Help is here if you need it, please also let Ron know he is in our prayers as well.

Kathy

We did not have the pleasure of knowing Annie well. We did talk with her a few times and have only heard nice things about her. We are sorry to hear this news. Indeed she has produced some of the nicest dogs to enter a show ring.

Our condolences to Annie's family.

Wade and Shona

The passing of Annie is a tremendous loss to the Labrador world. She will be greatly missed. Heartfelt condolences to her family and many friends.

Pierry & Stan

My heart goes out to all of you who knew and loved Annie. I had a brief association with her recently, when I used one of her stud dogs... long distance. As usual, these things are always fraught with anxiety. Annie handled the breeding and me in a professional, kind, and good-natured way. I am sorry that I will never be able to tell her that in person.

I am so so very sorry for her family and close friends.

She has left behind a legacy that will last forever.

She lives on in so many hearts and homes.

Such sad news, my condolences to Annies' family and friends.

[This poem was read at the Memorial Service for W. Averell Harriman by Clark Clifford.]

To Those I Love, by Isla Paschal Richardson:

If I should ever leave you whom I love
To go along the Silent Way, grieve not,
Nor speak of me with tears, but laugh and talk
Of me as if I were beside you there.
(I'd come--I'd come, could I but find a way!
But would not tears and grief be barriers?)
And when you hear a song or see a bird
I loved, please do not let the thought of me
Be sad...For I am loving you just as
I always have...You were so good to me!
There are so many things I wanted still
To do--so many things to say to you...
Remember that I did not fear...It was
Just leaving you that was so hard to face...
We cannot see Beyond...But this I know:
I loved you so--'twas heaven here with you!

God bless you Annie, and your family and friends...

"There but for the Grace of God go I..."
Godspeed Annie, may you have peace with your Labradors who waited to rejoin you.
Such a sad, sad loss to the Labrador community.

I've been checking the forum constantly for updates these past few days. Watching Annie over the years, I truly expected and prayed for a miraculous turnabout.
My heartfelt sympathies to Ron and the family. They were all in my thoughts and prayers every day since I first read the terrible news.
Bless all you ladies as well, truer friends could not be found.

Hugs to you all,
Sarita

I have a knot in my throat, we have all suffered a great loss. My prayers for Annie, her family and all her close friends. I am so very sorry.

Good-bye to Annie Cogo

A tremendous loss to the labrador world
To her family and friends our thoughts are with all of you at this time. There will be yet another star in the sky tonight as Annie joins her labradors from the pass.
Godspeed Annie

My heartfelt condolences to Ron and the rest of Annie's family and friends. How very sad and tragic.

I am so sorry for Annie's husband and family....two legged and four legged. Such a tragic loss to the Labrador community. I never had the pleasure of meeting Annie in person....she must have been a lovely human being. It seems that everyone who has met her has nothing but kind and wonderful things to say about her. A true tribute to the life she lead.

As an infrequent visitor to the Forum, I was totally unaware of Annie's final illness until ten minutes ago when someone called to tell me she had died.
A fixture in Labradors, I think EVERYBODY liked, if not loved Annie.
She was one of the very few people you meet in a lifetime who never had an unkind word to say about anyone nor did anyone have an unkind word to say about her.
To say she'll be missed is an understatement. The world of Labrador Retrievers and their people has been diminished by her passing and her memory will always evoke a smile.
That is a gift she left us all.

I am in shock and so very saddened to hear this news. I've only had a few conversations with Annie, but enjoyed them greatly and had hoped to someday get to know her better. I don't even know what else to say except to express my condolences to the family and those closest to her.

My family and I extend our most sincere and heartfelt condolences to the Cogo family. Rest in peace Annie. I am very sorry for the loss to her family and the labrador community

Michelle

So sorry to hear of Annie's passing. My condolences to her family and all those that called her "friend"... and for her Labbies who will surely miss their dogMum's presence in their lives.

I am sitting here with a lump in my throat. All day I have been praying that it wouldn't be her time, that god wanted her to have lots more dog showing to do. i was just reading annie's interview in LQ not so long ago where there was a picture of her with a big smile on her face. It seems from what i have read and seen, she always had that smile. i never had the pleasure of meeting annie personally, but spoke to her many times on e-mail when first getting into labradors and she was always very kind to me. She tried so hard to send a black male this way but the weather just wouldn't have it. God Bless you Annie. You have set a legacy that will live on forever. Our thoughts and condolences to all your close friends and family. We are truly sorry for your loss.

Our prayers go out to Ron and the rest of the family. It has been said, You havn't lost someone when you know where to find them. We will see her again one day. Safe in the arms of Jesus.

My heart is very heavy....I will remember Annie always....Ron and family should be very proud of what she accomplished and how much she made a difference to so many people. She was cool....Ride your horse far and fast now Annie!!!

Such sad news. Our deepest sympathies to Ron and all of Annie's family and friends. Labradors have a new angel to watch over them today. Rest in peace, Annie.

Tina & Tonya

Godspeed Annie!!!! Prayers for the Cogo family.

We would like to extend our condolences to Ron and the rest of Ron and Annie's family and friends. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

My deeprst sympathies to the family.

Bob Smith
Sobriquet Labradors

Annie, I enjoyed getting to know you better back in April. You opened up your heart to me and we became friends. I will forever miss you. Godspeed Annie.

Godspeed, Annie. Prayers for all of her friends and family.

The labrador world has lost a very special member...

So very sorry to hear of this terrible loss to the Labrador Community and to Annie's family and friends. It is indeed a sad, sad day.

Continued prayers to family members and friends to help them get through this difficult time.

It is certain that the person who goes from this world never comes back but he lives in memories forever for the love and affection they spreaded in this world.I pray for her peacefull soul.
God may give strength to all of her family members to bear this great loss.
I never met her but i had few mails from her.She was a nice lady.

Today we have lost one of the very best, fitting it would be raining in Michigan. We will miss her terribly. The "Mafia" will not be the same without her. Our hearts are heavy and we have Ron, her family and her extended dog family in our prayers. Godspeed and Rest in Peace, dear sweet Annie.

I'm so saddened by this news. I will never forget the day that my Boudreaux (as a puppy - thank goodness) leaped into her lap as she judged at the specialty in Ft Worth. Even that major indescretion drew a smile from Annie. On behalf of the girls of Karousel Kennel, Jackie, Celeste, Deb, Brenda, and myself, I would like to extent our heartfelt condolences. Godspeed Annie.

Godspeed Annie, you were here too short a time but you did great work and it will go on for generations to come. You have left your mark in the Labrador World and for that we are all grateful. We will miss you terribly here but know you are at peace. My deepest condolences to Ron and friends and your much loved Lab family. Sincerely, until we meet, Leeda

What sad news, indeed. I know we all hoped & prayed for another outcome but I'm sure she's at rest now in Heaven. I wish I had known her; we only met once but what an impression she made! And, what a mark she's left on the Labrador world. My condolences to her family.

My sincere condolences to the Cogo Family.

I never met "Annie" personally but I knew her
beautiful dogs well. My next beeding was to be
to one of the lovely dogs she has bred.

I am sure she is in Heaven gathering all the
Labradors by her side.

God-Speed-Annie

God Speed to Annie on her final journey. We admired her, we respected her, we learned from her, we will miss her. The Labrador has lost another true friend. Andy

I never had the pleasure of meeting Annie, but it is clear that she is a well-loved fixture in our breed. My sympathies to all of her family and her friends, as well as her dogs. It is a profound loss.

Rest Well Annie.....

You shall be missed by many.............

We have lost a great friend and fellow breeder. God bless you Annie, until we meet again.

So very sad. I didn't know her personally, but felt that I knew her through the labrador world. My sincere condolances to her family.

I very sorry to hear Annie is gone. This is indeed a very sad time.

Cathy M.

we are deeply saddened here at gaetacreek, as we have been getting friendly with annie at some of the lab shows. hopefully we will have the honour of using one of her great stud dogs some time to help remember her. again our deepest prayers go to Ron and his family GOD SPEED to Annie in heaven, you'll be greatly missed, a legend in his breed!!!!! frank& gina gaeta R.I.P.

I’ve only known Annie for 9 years. For someone as wonderful as she that is far to short a time. She will be sorely missed and nevre forgotten.

Jeff Duncan

I've seen Annie at shows for years and she always had a hello for me. She was always passing on such great emails I will miss them....Finally after all this time we decided to breed to one of her dogs. My husband and I got to spend some time at her house talked to Annie and Ron while she bred Major to my girl just a short month ago. We will cherish that visit and are so glad we had that time with her and Ron. Annie looked wonderful and was looking forward to getting back to showing the dogs again. God speed Annie I'm sure the dogs that have preceded you were waiting at the Rainbow Bridge to ease your crossing........

I haven't been able to find the right words. Godspeed Annie.

May you rest in peace Annie, Godspeed.

Such sad news to hear. She is truely a legend in the Labrador
world. She will always be with us through her dogs. Prayers to
all who knew her and our thoughts always to her family.

I remember meeting Annie years ago when she was showing her beautiful Piper at a show back east.

She always had a big smile and "hello".

Our condolences to Ron, Annie's family and her friends.

Trudy Rose

Our condolences to Ron,and Annie's family.
We chatted many times at ringside and we will never forget you. God Speed.

I have been away from the computer for a few days.

I am so very sorry to hear about Annie's passing.
I wish I could have been lucky enough to meet her.
My condolences to her family.

Donna

Although I never met Annie personally, I do remember watching at the Rose City Specialty in 1989. I will never forget when she walked into the ring with her beautiful Tabatha's Windfall Abbey. And again when I had the pleasure of watching them in the hunt test the following day. What a team...

My heartfelt condolences to Ron,and her family. And thank you to her wonderful friends for keeping the Labrador world informed.

Janet Bennett

My thoughts are with Annies husband and family at this sad time. We shared a smile at the SJVLRC specialty. I will never forget her kind words to me. They will be treasured!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good-bye to Annie Cogo

Farewell Annie. Enjoy the journey beyond and frolicking with your labbies. I am so fortunate to have a part of Windfall in my foundation. My sympathies go out to the Cogos and all her close friends.

My sincere condolences to the Cogo Family.