Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Annie Cogo

If I may, I would like to add my condolences to the long list of those appearing on your site about Annie Cogo. She is indeed a great loss to the world of Labradors. I will remembered her not only for her wonderful dogs, some of whom I had the pleasure to judge, but for her great sense of humour and fun which was expressed so eloquently in her many e-mails. She was one of the breeds unique characters and her lovely dogs will continue to be admired by so many worldwide. To her dear husband and many close friends I send my heartfelt sympathy.

Re: Annie Cogo

Unfortunately I never had the honor of meeting Annie, but I have been blessed with a Pipe Major daughter, whom I love dearly. I am so sorry to hear of this loss, and find myself feeling as though I have lost a friend. My condolences to her family and friends.

Re: Re: Annie Cogo

What sad news---I too will miss Annie. But I will think of her and remember her every time I look into the beautiful eyes of my 2 Windfall girls at home. Would anyone be interested in doing a tribute to Annie with all our Windfall dogs in one of the next issues of ILR or Quarterly? I could contact Sandra Wolf of ILR and get some ideas.

Re: Re: Re: Annie Cogo

What I am feeling right now is hard to put into words, goodbye seems to be so hard and stabbing.

All I know is that she's in a better place.

I will remember Annie's offer to us...AM/CAN/CH.Sunrise Windfall's Tailor forever. Goobye my dear friend--Annie Cogo!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What sad news---I too will miss Annie. But I will think of her and remember her every time I look into the beautiful eyes of my 2 Windfall girls at home. Would anyone be interested in doing a tribute to Annie with all our Windfall dogs in one of the next issues of ILR or Quarterly? I could contact Sandra Wolf of ILR and get some ideas.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Annie Cogo

I never had the privilege of meeting Annie Cogo. I have long admired the Windfall dogs. My favorite dog and first champion is from Windfall lines (Black Piper). I will always think of her when I see my special black boy. My thoughts and prayers are with her husband, family and close friends.

I only interacted with Annie once, but it was memorable. We were showing in BOB at the WLRC specialty, and Annie ran out of bait, so I gave her a handful. She won the breed with Black Piper, and when I congratulated her, her reply was "It was the bait." I thought that was the perfect way to accept congratulations, acknowledge help, and inject some humor at the same time. Because, of course, it wasn't the bait.

My condolences to Annie's friends and family who are grieving now, but I hope it helps those who loved her to see that so many people are affected by their loss.

I'm so sad about losing Annie. She was always full of encouragement and fun...she loved Labradors and Labrador people. How I will miss her email jokes...and also the personal ones she would send from time to time...like when I lost my Dad, or when I was recouperating from surgery myself.

God bless her family during this difficult time. I'm sure Abbey was there to greet her...what a wonderful reuninion that must have been!

Best regards,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest Labs

I am SO sad to hear this news!!!! I just spoke with her on the long weekend as I bred a bitch to Major. IT was funny 'cause I was going to use Rusty her chocolate boy and she was shipping semen out on Major for someone else and she got the boxes mixed up and I ended up with Major's semen instead. I was not mad at all, I just laughed and told her I guess we are having black puppies, and I will have to register them all with mistake names!! She felt so bad, but I reassured her that it was ok. I am lucky to have a beautiful black female puppy 1 week old here out of Odyssey and Major.
Annie, I never met you, but spoke with you several times on the phone and e-mail. I looked up to you and have admired what you have done in the labrador world so much. I know you are in a much better place now, by Jesus's side. I am asking you to please go and find my baby Owen and hug him and rock him for me as I cannot do this. We spoke about him lots and I know you know how devastated his loss has been for me. Remember when I called you from the hospital the day he was born to arrange a semen shipment?? I am sure you will find him in heaven. You were a blessing to this earth and anyone who met you was very lucky.Godspeed Annie, and I will do you proud with these Major puppies!!! Thanks again for everything.

Re: Re: Re: Annie Cogo

A great person . A great Labrador breeder. May you walk the heavens with Labradors at your side. Till we all meet again.

Annie was a kind person who gave you her time and a smile. I will always remember that even if she didn't know you and you were starting out in Labs she would share her experience and a conversation with you. This meant a lot to someone starting out Labradors. She was a good ambassador of the breed.

Annie contributed amazing dogs to our Breed. Her legacy will live on in the many wonderful dogs throughout the United States and the world.

Rest in peace Annie and know you will be dearly missed.

For my dearest friend Annie:

The angels come
on the dark wings of night,
it is of you they sing,
in and around and through
cauldron of dreams,
twisted shadows,
broken schemes,
tormenting night
darkening day,
dropped and abandoned
here I pray.

by s.k.lindeman

I'll always remember your laughter, your voice and
every single moment we've spent together!

Goodbye Annie!