Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Haven't a clue

If I may ask for help from forum members: what in the world does "conversion default" mean in a pedigree?

I surfed the web but all I can find are web pages of pedigrees where that term appears, but not a single page that describes, defines, or even discusses the term.

Can anyone here help me get a clue?
Thanks.

Re: Haven't a clue

The conversion default is most likely information that the AKC already had in their database from a previous database version. It is data converted from a previous database format. When we import a dog, the AKC must be given an official pedigree from the originating kennel club. They use this information to populate their database. You probably only see the "conversion default" on older dogs in a pedigree.

Re: Re: Haven't a clue

Thanks. But I'm not sure I completely understand what the term actually means. Yes, the term conversion default was used to describe a British dog born in 1986. But I see other British dogs in the pedigree that were born even earlier that don't have that term in their pedigree. I'm looking for a definition and wondering if I should also include the term it in my dog's 4-generation pedigree. Thanks.

Re: Re: Re: Haven't a clue

call the akc for a definition.

Re: Haven't a clue

I'm sure it's a computer thing - nothing to do with the actual pedigree. I sure wouldn't include it. What pedigree are you looking for? You can email me privately and I can look in my database.