Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Beloved Debbie

It seems insignificant compared to the loss of Annie Cogo... But today I lost my foundation bitch, Debbie, to a stroke also.

Debbie was Am/Can CH SR Erinhill's Heybern Debutante CD JH RN CGC TD WC. Her daughter Tilly is a specialty winner. She has 2 other kids who are guide dogs. Another two who live with families that have disabled children. She also leaves Hogan, who lives with Carol Pyne, Nine, who lives with Liz Dugan, Driver and Lacey who live with Sue Raynis, Tennie, who lives with me. Did I forget anyone? My mind is a muddle. All of these dogs have been shown, bred, titled, pointed...

Debbie has a total of 25 offspring out there in the world from 3 litters. She had the most perfect temperament - gentle with puppies and people, a wonderful hunter, and perfectly happy to spend a quiet night sleeping on the bed. She passed on several quirks to a lot of her kids - her habit of jumping straight up in the air on all fours, and of flopping over to have her belly scratched at the slightest touch. In fact, she flopped over for the judge in the veterans class in the 2006 Potomac. Debbie won both her sweeps (12-15) and her regular (12-18) classes at the 2000 Potomac. She had 2 group 1s and a group 3. But she was most of all our beloved girl, our wonderful loving pet, our almost human Labrador, Debbie-Doo.

This morning she toured an apple orchard with me looking for a lost whippet who had been sighted there this morning. We didn't have any luck, but Debbie did get to wallow in the pond (another trait she has passed on.) It couldn't have been a better last outing for her.

She leaves us humans missing her presence and her love. She was young (8 1/2) and she will be forever fit and happy in my mind. Perhaps she will find Annie Cogo up there - I think Annie would have liked her.

Godspeed Debbie. You were the best on earth.

Re: My Beloved Debbie

I'm very sorry Nancy. Godspeed Debbie.

I am sorry for your loss, I love my furkids like human kids. Your write up was very nice and I am sure she is leaving an empty spot in your heart. God bless Debbie.

Oh Nancy. I can't believe it. It seems she was just a puppy. She was a fabulous dog. Godspeed, sweet girl.

How sad and so unexpected... just like Annie too. May Annie be joined by all the Labs that have left a huge hole in our hearts and may they run painless and free.

My most sincere condolences Nancy.

Oh Nancy,
I'm so sorry. It seems like yesterday that I got to see Debbie as a promising young puppy.
She is up there w/ her wonderful dad, who was so dear to me as Debbie was to you. We can certainly be proud & honored to have loved them...they will live on in the leagacy they left behind.
My deepest sympathy.
Jeannine

GodSpeed Debbie;

Nancy I hope you have so many happy memories that they can light your way through this dark time.
barb

Nancy, my sincere condolences for your loss. No passing goes unnoticed and none are insignificant. We have lost many great Labs and their people in the past few months. I pray you find peace in the memories and the legacy she has left in your care.
Peace Nancy and Godspeed Debbie
Lisa

Condolences to you and your family on the loss of your foundation bitch. What a young age to pass away from a stroke :( So sorry, rest in peace Debbie.

Re: Re: My Beloved Debbie

Nancy,
I'm very sorry about your girl. Such an unexpected loss....

Re: Re: Re: My Beloved Debbie

My condolences, Nancy. Thinking of you here.

*hug*

Oh no Nancy! I am so sorry. I've watched Debbie in the ring from the time she was a puppy until just recently when we were in the veterans class together at Pioneer Valley. Godspeed Debbie.

So sorry for your loss and that empty place in your heart for your girl.

My heart goes out to you! I am very sorry for your loss. I lost a girl very suddenly to a stroke as well and it is heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Godspeed Debbie.

Re: Re: My Beloved Debbie

Nancy,

My sincere condolences on your loss.

bev

Re: Re: Re: My Beloved Debbie

I'm so sorry to hear about Debbie. I watched her and your daughter grow up together and loved watching the two of them at the shows.

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Beloved Debbie

So sorry to hear of Debbie's passing. She accomplished alot while here with you and seemed to have had a quick and painless passing. For this we can be thankful. May she be swimming and running as she always did with all the others now. It is extremely hard to lose these wonderful friends with their short lives..........

I am going to miss her too Nancy she was an amazing girl and we loved her, She will always be that silly Debba Debba Doo with the sly smile. I think she and Brenna are romping around together and saying don't be sad we are forever young and with you always.
God speed Debbie you will be missed!!

Nancy I am so sorry for your loss. She will live on in your beautiful dogs.