Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dogs getting closer to there new ride. Revised.

The dogs have narrowed down the new ride.But the DH insists on the Chevy HHR,Which when I saw it at the dealership. I thought OMG you have to be kidding.Diffently a man thing on that one. The ugliest thing I have ever seen. + its only 4 Cyl.
But I better ask if anyone has one of these. Looks Like i could get 1 crate in there.? You can share on here or email me privately.

Re: Dogs getting closer to there new ride. Revised.

gee i hope there crates can fit in their. diffently a hugh problum

I usually take my crates with me to the dealership and load a few in and see what more I can fit.
At first they thought I was nuts but now they are use to us :o)
Last year we purchased a Chevy Express Van and I LOVE it!
I've got in 4 Mastiffs, 1 Lab and about half a dozen Chihuahua's once LOL We still had tons of top room to spare if we had to stack crates or needed luggage room. My husband told me he was trading it in and I told him I would sooner divorce him!

That would be nice, But it has to be used for other things other then dogs. I can't think of another reason. but DH could and my neighbors. I was going to post about the HHR.That if I chihuahua's i could get probably about 15 crates in there.

Well we went on a Sunday,
So we better go before the litters are due.We live out in the middle of nowhere hours away from a more then one dealership.

It must be a man thing! When I thought I wanted to trade in my Expedition for something with more fuel economy my DH set his sights on an HHR. I took my tape measure and there was no way that it would have worked. I also need 4x4 and luckily that sealed the problem of buying the ugly thing!! Too bad someone hasn't thought of designing a specific vehicle just for dog hauling.

haaaa to funny Sylvia, Glad there is some else there who thinks the same.I will show this to my DH.Actually the HHR looks like a mini durango!!! I did look in the back side of a friends 2002 Durango.
And doesn't look like much crate room there either.But it did have some nice in floor storage I liked that idea.

Re: Re: Dogs getting closer to there new ride. Revised.

I'm also car/suv/van shopping trying to decide and measure most economic vs spacious... up until now the Town & Country is my first choice for it's sto'n go seats (which I often have to take out) and the other day at the dealers while speaking with the salesman this guy came in for a touch up (paint) on his HHR and I thought "what an ugly car that is". AND it was ORANGE for crying out loud!! The man was in his mid fiftees, no offense men in your fiftees I think you are the sexiest but at the moment I thought "I think he thinks that this is a modern model of his first car" People, those are ugly cars!!!

Yes my thoughts on the Town/country too. They are nice looking. My DH is also looking at another ugly
car.The Nitro.Might as well buy and armored car.?
The HHR reflecks back on my DH old chevy pick up. He is just climbing up the hill at 51.Well With all the snow we got last winter, Orange would be okay. So the snow plows could see us.!!!!

OMG! I didn't know what an HHR was so I looked it up!
Now I'm hysterical laughing!! How UGLY is THAT THING!!???

Tell your DH that you don't want to be laughed at at the dog shows

Dogs getting clothe's two wear gnu ride?

Re: Re: Re: Dogs getting closer to there new ride. Revised.

Yep with my bad knees I don't want to park way out in the south 40 with the HHR.Or I will have sticky notes on the car. From people who read this post months from now. The DH insisted and you actually bought one of these. hahaha From a person who read your post on the form way back when. I can just imagine.

I think they look like the old Chevy "pie wagons" of my youth. Now I am really dating myself! I saw a black HHR with black tinted windows and figured it was something a funeral home would buy----the DH thought it was amazing.

Ok, I like the HHR...there I said it.
Sheila

Re: Re: Re: Dogs getting closer to there new ride. Revised.

I figured there would be 1 person out there who would say this. hahaha. If we had to go that route ,not sure why. But I'm sure it would grow on me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dogs getting closer to there new ride. Revised.

Sheila could you email me I would like to ask you bout this van.