Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another newbie question

I am wondering where the best place is to advertise puppies until my kennel makes a name for itself? We have high quality and great bloodlines. After what we put into our bitch and stud for clearances ect we plan to ask $1000 for the puppies. Both mom and dad are from champion lines and what they produced is super. Now I just want to know the best place to start out. Thanks!!

Re: Another newbie question

We have had alot of luck with advertising on our own website, The Labrador Retreiver Club of America Website, and Breeders.net. I know there are a ton more out there but in my area (East Coast) this has worked well for us.

Ch bloodlines a good dog does not make....Just because you put $$ into clearances does not make your bitch and male "good specimins" of the breed.
I hope you have a mentor in the breed that has been in the ring for many years so that you can use their experience to learn from?

Re: Re: Another newbie question

I do have a mentor. My Labs were handpicked for type, substance and disposition. I have been told by several trainers, Lab breeders and even judges that both of mine should be out showing. Unfortunately my health will not allow that at this time. But, just because they are at home in my yard and not in the ring does not diminish from their quality!

Re: Re: Re: Another newbie question

If you belong to a labrador club try telling them about the litter and see if they can't refer people to you. If you don't belong to a club join one :}
Aloha,
Jackie

"If you belong to a labrador club try telling them about the litter and see if they can't refer people to you. If you don't belong to a club join one."

Exactly. I don't have a website either but I'm fortunate to have made some nice breeder friends who have referred some buyers to me.

THERE YOU GO AGAIN!!! WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU "LAB LOVER"?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ch bloodlines a good dog does not make....Just because you put $$ into clearances does not make your bitch and male "good specimins" of the breed.
I hope you have a mentor in the breed that has been in the ring for many years so that you can use their experience to learn from?

Why are you posing these questions on the forum, rather than to your mentor?

Good mentors are hard to come by, but they will always take care you the best, as long as you act in a responsible manner.

Re: Re: Re: Another newbie question

Why not? I think there are a lot of people out there that have a lot of good advise to offer. I don't think we can ever have too much information.