Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
not showing *your* pick to buyers

It has been suggested on here that you not show any potential puppy buyers "your" pup. I'm not sure how you could do this as I do not breed unless I want something for myself and have at least 5 people who also want a pup. Then according to all I have read (and experienced) you can't tell which is show quality until 6-8 weeks. People who have been waiting months for a puppy want to see it before 6-8 weeks or at least pictures...then it gets into how many girls/boys you have...it's hard to hold people off!

Re: not showing *your* pick to buyers

I show people the entire litter and have never had a problem with it. My puppy buyers know that I am keeping something for myself and the average pet owner will look at the two and ask my "why", as they usually can't tell the difference between their puppy and mine.

Re: Re: not showing *your* pick to buyers

I think they have been talking about showing your pick to puppy buyers when they are coming to pick up their puppies. Prior to that puppy buyers see all the pups.
I do temperment testing and when buyers come to pick up their pups they are given a choice between the pups that are the best match for their family. So never a problem that they don't get to see all of the pups.
i.e., pain, sound sensitive pups wouldn't go to a family with a lot of children.
Cindy