Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rose City Sweeps Results

Best In Sweeps: Breckin HySpire Promiscuous Girl (Ch. Sureshot HySpire Impressive x Breckins Phoebe) Breeder: Gretchen Boss
Owner: HySpire

Best Opposite Sweeps: HySpire Adrenaline Rush ( Same dog that was WB, and BOB)
(Ch. Boradors By George x HySpire Cavanaugh)
Breeder: HySpire
Owner: HySpire

Re: Rose City Sweeps Results

Thanks Judy

Re: Re: Rose City Sweeps Results

results were already posted

Sweeps results were not reported previously

Big Congrats on your wins!

Re: Re: Re: Rose City Sweeps Results

Yes, Congratulations on the nice wins.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rose City Sweeps Results

In addition to the thanks, a big congratulations!

Congratulations on some very nice wins ladies, and to the other winners as well!

Congratulations on all your wins! WTG!
Aloha,
Jackie

Rose City Rocks

I just have to say it once again. This is a great specialty. Those of you who have not ever been to it....well you just should put it on your list of shows to attend. First of all Oregon is beautiful and the show is set in the Willamette Valley in Champoeg park which is just gorgeous. The parking is good, the rings are good, and the camaraderie can't be beat. You spend the day sitting under enormous evergreens in this wooded park watching some beautiful Labradors. The depth of quality at this specialty is always amazing, but not surprising as for decades now some of this country's best quality has come from the Pacific Northwest breeders.
I hope someone will post the results with the first place dogs from the classes at least because in a lot of the classes, it was exactly as the judge said in his speech at the dinner- one wanted to be able to give three firsts in those classes.
Also the hospitality of this club is unchallenged. After the show everyone and I mean everyone is invited to the home of Greg and Susan Huntzinger, who are both gourmet cooks, for a meal that you would not believe. Everyone sits outside in their fabulous backyard ( they are master gardeners as well)and this is the time to really get to visit with old friends and meet new ones. I just cannot say enough about the hard work of this club's members. In fact, having been a working member of several specialty clubs, let me say to those of you who are not members but just get to attend these well put on specialties around the country,....the next time you are at a specialty look around you. All of those rings, those complimentary breakfast buffets, the coffee, lunches sometimes, the ring set ups, the raffle and auction set up- all had to be pulled together by those club members. At least a year ( and usually more) of planning goes into each of these shows & last minute glitches are the norm. It is hard hard work. Then when you are ready to leave the show and you are packing up all of your stuff and wishing some magician would come and 'magic wand' it all into your van- look around at what the club members are doing. They are packing up all of the stuff that was there for the show before they have to pack up their own individual crates,pens, etc. Without the people who do all this work, we would not have the great Labrador specialties where we all get to network with one another and see the dogs that represent the results of breeders around the country and give us a peek at the future of our breed. I would hope that you would all join the nearest Labrador Retriever club and if you are not close enough to do a lot of hands on work, find out what you can do to help. There is a lot you can do from a distance, phone calls, make labels for trophies, collect trophy donations- lots of stuff. Even if you are not a working member of the club, perhaps you could arrive a few hours early or leave an hour later and help the members set up or tear down the rings. They will certainly appreciate any help you can give.
Judy H.

Re: Rose City Rocks

Well said Judy. Sometimes members do it so well it looks like there's no work involved and we know there's a ton of it! Thanks to all the members of the clubs that put on these fantastic shows!

And let me add, that Judy, Vonnie and Lisa do what they say to help other clubs. After the DFW specialty last April, the show committee was "WOWed" by their help to take down our show, pack the stuff into our vehicles, check restrooms, and do whatever was needed to get us out of there!
If everyone did the same, think how much easier life would be after the specialty.

Congrats to the Hyspire girls on their wins at Rose City! Valerie called me after sweeps to let me know that she found her new "Armani", she loved Armani from the first time she saw him as a youngster, but had to let me know that he had been replaced by Rush!
The show sounded wonderful and I was sorry to have missed it, but I had a better offer---my Navy son came home for a visit!
I hope to meet the new Armani at Sierra Vista!
Congrats again-
Sheila

Wow Congrats on your sweep of the sweepstakes classes! LOL You know I love that Nelly! She's a very lovely girl. Congrats on your other wins as well. Keep up the good work.

I've only been to Rose City LRC once about 12 years ago when it was at the Fairgrounds. The area was just gorgeous though and the show was very nice.

I think my favorite specialty so far this year has been the San Joaquin Valley LRC. You guys did a great job and the party on Saturday night was so much fun! Not to mention it gave us all something to chat about the next day in the ring! LOL

Dianne

Congratulations to the Hyspire ladies on their fabulous dogs and wonderful wins!! It puts me in awe to sit at ringside and have these marvelous dogs just fill my eyes---WOW!!! Certainly gives me something to strive for!
I had more fun at the show! So much time laughing and visiting with old friends we haven't seen since SJVLRC or PSLRA from last year.
Thank you so much to the RCLRC for putting on this wonderful show, and the dinner on Friday evening was amazing as well as the company! I think everybody was too busy having a great time for the heat (101 on Tuesday and in the 90's during the show) to have an effect on anyone.
Look forward to seeing you all again next year!

As show chair for this year, I just want to say a big thank you to ALL the people who helped at this year's Specialty, both club members and non-club members. Yes it got hot AND humid by the afternoon. By the time the last class was done. Many people stayed to help clean up. I wished I could have stuck around to help as well but I needed to get both Manolo and Linda Ciancio to their hotel to cool off. They did an excellent job both days, out there in the sun and heat, very good with the dogs and put up many fine animals. It was truly a pleasure to have these two here and have the opportunity to squire them to and from the various locations and get to know them. Both are genuine and in my opinion humble people, without pretense.
So many exhibitors were willing to help if needed and
despite the extreme weather, I felt a good time was had by all. If you ever have the chance to Chair your Club's Specialty, do it at least once. You will learn so much,meet many very nice people and have an experience you will never forget. Sure, I am tired but
I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.
Thank you all again.

Congratulations to all of the winners. What a beautiful bunch of dogs.

Hello,

Just got back from Rose City and wanted to thank everyone in the group for putting on such a wonderful specialty! Judy's explanation of the event was spot on and the dinner at Greg and Susans was phenomenal!

Thank you again to Greg and Susan for opening up your home to all of us! What a wonderful way to end a great Specialty.

Amanda

I too had a wonderful time at Rose City! I met a lot of new friends, and saw a lot of familiar faces and old friends. (I had a blast in the ring with Dianne from Harlequin, thank you so much Dianne for calming my 1st time-in-a-specilty nerves!)

The show site was gorgeous, the hosts gracious, the judges fantastic, (Manolo does smell very nice), and the dinner at Susan and Greg's house was delicious and fun! I can't wait til next year!

We attended RCLRC for the first time this year, having heard so many wonderful things about it from the PacNorthwest gang. They did not tell a lie, what a great venue, great laughs, great helpers, great silent auction (even if I didn't get the chair!!).

Fabulous food...............Thanks to Greg and Susan for their hospitality and all those wonderful tastes.

Lynn and I marked it as a must for next year!! We hope you have a couple of pups to show that were conceived at RCLRC this year!!

As Newbies we just appreciate everyone, but this specialty glowed! Lisa you rocked!! and you muted cheers for your dogs were so cute!

Congrats to all the winners...........they were tough classes filled with lovely labs.

Cheers, Colleen

Shelley, it was so much fun in the ring with our belly laughs and just havin' a bawl!!! Thank YOU for making my time at RCLRC so enjoyable and I feel like I've made a new, wonderful friend! Hope you see you and your beautiful daughter at Golden Gate!
Nancy Tanner.....you CRACK me up!!!!! Can't wait to see you again and sit at ringside just laughing our heads off!

D

Colleen and Lynn Good luck with that RCLRC souvenir litter! Nice timing for your bitch huh? Let me know when they arrive! Interesting things happen sfter hours at dog shows! Are you two coming to any of the upcoming California specialies?

Diane, I am thrilled to count you as a new treasured friend! I really think we should market our new found bait, LOL I still giggle, and will for years! You showed me how to be zanier than I already was! (Like that is possible?)
My daughter and I can't wait for the GGLRC, it will be Kharma's first specialty. See you there!

Shelley, if you can figure out a way to "bottle" it, I'll help you market it!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!
Linda and I may come to GGLRC, so hope to see you there:)