Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mrs. Annie Cogo

I will always remember Annie, when I think back many years to a Specialty I attended in Ohio. Annie knew I loved her dogs and she also knew that before the show was over, I would try and get all of them from her and take them home with me. It always amazed me she would bring one after the other out of the van the next better than the last.

I helped Annie that weekend at the Specialty running dogs back and forth to the van, she knew it made me happy even if I got on her last nerve, she let me help always remaining attentive to me regardless of what was going on around her. Well as you might have guessed Annie won Best of Breed that day with her Black dog Windfall's Black Bart "Bart Man" as she called him. At that particular show Bart was awarded a Wooden Decoy, Annie presented it to me for my efforts on that day. I felt like I had won Best Of Breed on that day. It was her way of thanking me which shows Annie's giving nature.

"Annie" I still have that Decoy and I will always remember the great times we had over the years. I always told you, you were like my second Mom. I can still hear you say "Shut Up" your making me feel OLD!!!

I always felt a little piece of Annie's soul resided in each one of her dogs her "Babies", just as I feel now Annie will be with us forever through her many wonderful dogs that she loved without reservation.

I will miss speaking with you or just knowing your there if I ever want to talk dogs. Just remember if you ever need help running some dogs back and forth I'm here!

Peace

Scott

Re: Mrs. Annie Cogo

That was beautiful.

Re: Re: Mrs. Annie Cogo

Such a sweet story....

Re: Re: Re: Mrs. Annie Cogo

Touching, sweet and exactly what Annie would have appreciated. I would hope we all have ANNIE stories to share soon.

Thank you Scott for sharing.