Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Underwater birth????

Ya think you have heard it all and then last week I had a conversation with a Pit Bull breeder who said he whelps his puppies underwater. He uses a plastic pool with a few inches or so of water and the puppies are born underwater???
Never hear of such a thing. I did see a few years ago on TV where human babies have been born under water.
Has anybody heard of this method with puppies? Pros vs Cons??

Re: Underwater birth????

Sounds like a lot of work and time consuming to me. Some just make it harder than it has to be.

Sounds cruel and unnatural. I wonder if they had to hold the poor mom down so she could birth her baby underwater. People are so strange with their crazy ideas sometimes.

Don't you know that canines in the wild seek out bodies of water in order to give birth?

Re: Re: Underwater birth????

not religious but I think I will say a prayer to God please DON'T bring me back as a brook bitch

Humm. Someone trying to make things easier for bitch or someone just trying to be different.

I would say the best way is to make the "nest" as natural for your bitch as you can.

I would think a bitch would know underwater is not right and try to get out of the pool don't you think?

Kookoo for KoKo PuffS!
JMO
Valerie

Sounds like someone is taking the term "water dog" too literallY! LOL

Wade