Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Memory Book for Annie Cogo

The memorial service for Annie last Friday was very special and I know all of us that could make it enjoyed our memories of Annie!! As the pastor spoke, he talked about Hope, Faith and Love....Love being the thing that will bind us all together by knowing Annie. A thought came to me, to honor Annie, and for a special gift to Ron, I came home and printed off every message left to Annie and her family on our forum. I spoke to a very dear family friend of mine and she has offer to put a Creative Memory Album together to give to Ron, Josh and Annie's grand daughter. I know each one of us has fond memories of Annie and would love to contribute. If you have a great picture of Annie at a dog show and would like to contribute, please send the picture along with 1. Your memory of the special picture or your favorite memory with Annie, 2. Who is in the picture, 3. What was the occasion of the picture.

Please send the pictures to:

Joyce Edwards
2631 Hogan Rd
East Point, GA 30344

If you would like to add anything else, please email me or add a note to this thread.

Thank You to everyone in advance for your contributions!!

Re: Memory Book for Annie Cogo

What a great idea. I was so lucky to have known Annie and her wonderful labs. A very long time ago, Nancy Schroeder and I went to visit Annie and pick up a puppy from her Tyler/Piper litter. We were so honored to have had Annie choose our Tyler as a stud dog for Piper. Throughout the years, Annie was always willing to talk dogs everytime I saw her. She was a gracious lady and will be missed.

Great idea Shari. We did one for my friend, Phyllis Putney when she passed away and gave it to the family.
They were deeply touched to see how "special" she was to so many people, as was Annie. Years from now her grandchildren will see the mark she made in our breed and our hearts!

God Bless and give comfort to all that loved her!

Wonderful Idea Shari, Annie was will aways be a special part of our lifes becuase our commonality in dogs but the labs were only a point of entry of a friendship that spanned many years she will be sadly missed!

Hi Shari--

What a wonderful way to remember a dear lady who was a role model for all of us and who contributed so much to the world of labradors...

Thank you and your friend Joyce for providing such a lovely memorial gift... And thanks to Jill for providing this wonderful means of linking the labrador community across the miles; thanks to Annie's wonderful friends who provided updates during a time of need. I found myself checking the forum frequently for updates, as it was the best means of getting information without imposing on those who were so busy taking care of Annie and her canine and human families.

It was devastating to learn of Annie's sudden stroke and then of her leaving us. Although I had the pleasure of meeting her in person only once, I enjoyed our email correspondence and her emailed jokes or inspirational messages--all of which managed to arrive at just the appropriate times when I either needed a lift or a smile. A true mentor and role model in the labrador community, Annie was always kind, welcoming and gracious to all. Ever patient with 'newbies', she was sincere and generous in sharing advice and her experiences, and always with a smile in her voice or in her emails! How i will miss those emails!

My heartfelt condolences to family, friends and canine family during this difficult time, and many, many thanks to all who shared information during a very trying time. Annie will live on in our hearts and memories, and in the legacy of the beautiful labradors that she loved so well. She is loved and will be very much missed by all.

georgia c baba, md
portola valley, california

I guess my most special memory of Annie is from WLRC 1998. Her CH. Windfall's Black Piper took BOB and my Ch. Kai Den's Dark Wader, WC took BOS. She told me after the show, with a big grin, that when breed went in the ring she knew he would be the one to beat. Wade passed in April this year, I'm sure he'll want a pat from her. My sincere and most heartfelt sympathy to Ron and family as well as all the wonderful M.M. You girls up there are great !!!!
Debbie