Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
re: Rose City or ....the price we pay (sometimes)!

I am sorry to be slow at posting this, but I just finally got home from Rose City @ 3:00 this morning!

I want to second everything that has already been said so eloquently by Judy Heim and the others - Rose City rocks! It's the highlight of my summer - so far.

This was my 3rd time attending and it's an inside joke that I am bad luck. The first year I broke my foot, the second year one of my dog's got stung by a bee and the whole side of his face blew up. And this year..... I lost my transmission 500 miles from home. Can you believe it? Oh well, the price we pay sometimes.... I just wouldn't miss this show for anything, I love it! As they say... " Wild horses couldn't drag me away!"

Thanks again to the RCLRC members for a great time (hugs to you all) and....I'll be back!

Valerie

Re: re: Rose City or ....the price we pay (sometimes)!

Oh geez Valerie are you just a glutton for punishment or what?!?! LOL

Well they say things happen in threes, so you should be safe for next year!

Dianne

Re: Rose City or ....the price we pay (sometimes)!

Well, we're finally home after a long drive and a wonderful time at Rose City. I just have to echo what Judy and Valerie have said: this specialty is just fabulous; well worth the journey! I brought a "non-dog-show friend" along with me and she was astounded at the friendliness and hospitality there. Interestingly, she grew up in the cattle industry and has been to and judged many cattle shows. One thing that surprised (and delighted) her was the fact that there is so much comaraderie going on between the people in the ring and those on the sidelines. Of course, that is one of the charming things about Labrador specialties and we told her so! :)

We camped right there at Champoeg Park, which is always so lovely under the tall pines. I just love that place!! Would've loved to stay much longer.

It was so great seeing familiar faces and meeting new friends. And as Judy said, the folks who worked so hard to put on this show were just wonderful and made it look so easy. The silent auction was fun, and I actually won the little jacket I wanted, although this really funny nurse lady got "my bowls" lol.

Greg and Susan, I know I have told you this, but I'll say it again: show or no show, I would drive the 16 hours just to enjoy the privilege of coming to your after-the-show dinner. Such gracious hospitality, spectacular gardens, gorgeous Labradors and let's not forget the FOOD! Wow!! You just continue to amaze me with your culinary gifts. You are both truly special people to share with all of us; thank you so much.

Thank you Manuelo and Linda, also, for doing such a great job judging. It was a pleasure showing under you and I hope to get the chance again sometime.

Thanks again to the Rose City LRC for putting on another fine event for all of us to enjoy. I can't wait for next year! ~Nancy

Re: Re: Rose City or ....the price we pay (sometimes)!

Nancy,
That was my strategy! Now, next year, you'll have to come to my campsite and have dinner with us and enjoy those bowls! Can't wait to see you again my friend!!!

D

Re: Re: Re: Rose City or ....the price we pay (sometimes)!

Okay, Diane, you're on! Come on down here in the fall (some great specialties are coming up!) and you can whip up something yummy in those bowls. If I can stop laughing long enough to eat, we'll be in great shape! You are such a kick! :) Nancy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Rose City or ....the price we pay (sometimes)!

I'll do my best!! Maybe shoot for GGLRC if I can get the time off, and will bring a couple of the larger bowls!!!! I'll let ya know:)

D