Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hip Dysplasia study

This was emailed to me - the gal's email address is near the end:

Hi, my name is Erica Canaday. Mark at UC Davis asked me to help him find some participants for a study on CHD. They are hoping to map the entire gene sequence for dogs with this affliction. The study's main focus is on GSD, Labs, and Brittanys and they want blood samples from dogs within these breeds that have MODERATE or SEVERE hip dysplasia. They will accept samples from any breed with SEVERE dysplasia only. They will refund you up to $15 for the blood draw (if you mention to your vet it is for research, they'll often do it free) and the shipping is completely paid for by UC Davis (information in the attached form). All information sent is 100% confidential and will not be shared with anyone. If they do find something, you will be contacted about your own dog(s) only. I have attached the form needed. Please print it out and take it to your vet with you. If s/he will allow it, please leave extras with the information on who can participate. Please forward this
to anyone you think can help. If you have any questions or you cannot open the attachment, feel free to e-mail me (stary_eyed_angel@ yahoo.com). Thank you so much for your time.

Erica L Canaday

Re: Hip Dysplasia study

If it helps, I did find this link from UC Davis related to a study of dysplasia.

http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/VORL/canine.html