Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IDEXX LABORATORIES FOR PROGESTERONE TESTING??

At one of the main veterinary practices that I use they are using IDEXX as their main Lab. I would like to use them to do my progesterone testing. I have not used IDEXX for progesterone testing...only Antech Diagnostics and one repro vet I have used uses Omega Laboratories.

I can use Antech if I wish, but they have to call them for pick up. IDEXX comes twice a day, so it would just be easier. Has anyone used IDEXX for progesterone testing??? If so, are the results similar to antech?

Re: IDEXX LABORATORIES FOR PROGESTERONE TESTING??

My vet also uses IDEXX and up until recently, have always gotten results timely. There have been 2 times in the last few months that results took 2 days. I am now using Animal Clinic Northview, Dr Hutchinson. They will call and give you the results, where as IDEXX will only give results to the vet....or at least that's been my experience.

Re: Re: IDEXX LABORATORIES FOR PROGESTERONE TESTING??

Do you live close to Dr. Hutch, or do you mail serum?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

My vet also uses IDEXX and up until recently, have always gotten results timely. There have been 2 times in the last few months that results took 2 days. I am now using Animal Clinic Northview, Dr Hutchinson. They will call and give you the results, where as IDEXX will only give results to the vet....or at least that's been my experience.

Re: Re: Re: IDEXX LABORATORIES FOR PROGESTERONE TESTING??

For the first time ever I just did progesterone testing. My clinic uses Idexx and the dog was bred according to their results. I had no problem getting the results from them. In the past for some other issues, the clinic has had to go online, to retrive results, but thats it.
I was happy with them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: IDEXX LABORATORIES FOR PROGESTERONE TESTING??

ya we use idexx at my work. sometimes they can br slow with tests getting back, but for something like this you can ask your vet to check online to get the results. i know that i did this a couple times as well as called the company for a couple breeders that come to my work.
adam

Instead of sending it to IDEXX, check your local hospital. I have found that most hospital run the test and you get it back in an hour.

My vet sends it overnight or I have taken it directly to FedEx. Both times that IDEXX took 2 days for results was during the Menu Foods contamination. Results weren't available online because the test hadn't been run yet. My vet also called them.
What I like about using Dr Hutch is you submit a form with the sample that asks questions about the breeding....fresh, chilled, etc. All this is taken into consideration when results are given as far as urgency and when to breed. Plus their office calls you direct if that's what you put on the form.

Re: Re: IDEXX LABORATORIES FOR PROGESTERONE TESTING??

We use Idexx all the time and they do a good job. LIke any lab they are not perfect......but they are darned close to being perfect.
Judy

Re: Re: Re: IDEXX LABORATORIES FOR PROGESTERONE TESTING??

Most of the vets here use them and i've only missed once on a bitch but that was because we got in a collection with no sperm in it, they are great, the one time we used antex we didn't get the results for 3 days!
Aloha,
Jackie

Nice to know of a reliable lab from reliable breeders