Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hatchbag Cargo Liners?

Hi all,

I am thinking about getting one of these. Have any of you had one, and if so, what is your experience? Thanks in advance. :)
Nancy

Re: Hatchbag Cargo Liners?

I have a cargo liner in my Yukon XL. It comes up the sides and the back of the seats so I don't get dog hair on the back of my seats. It has pros and cons. The best part is no dog hair and you can wipe the liner if it gets muddy or you spill water. The velcro fasteners on the top are not so great, but that might be because I didn't read the directions to put them on!!!

My dog crates are on a raised platform so I can store items underneath and I really like having a liner to either wipe up or vacuum up dog hair cleanly and quickly!

I have one in the back of the Tahoe , I love having it, but they tend to be slippery and things slide all over on them. I put a crate pad under the crate , and it was better , but even w/dog in crate it still slipped if I breaked to quickly.
In my van I bought a heavy liner to cover the carpet , it comes in two pieces , and fits clear up to the front seats, I found it in an acessory car catalog , it was cheaper than the liner for the Tahoe, but the Tahoe one does have a lip on it to catch any spilled liquids.

http://www.performanceproducts4trucks.com/productpage.aspx?cid=2&sid=35&pid=108358

I bought one of these for a Ford Explorer a few years ago and I love it. Pricier than most cargo liners, but well worth it in my opinion. Covers every surface in the cargo area - and custom fit per make/model of your vehicle. There are cut-outs for every compartment and insert. Once it's installed, there's really no reason to remove it. The quality is superb and the vinyl surface is not slippery, in fact it provides better traction than the carpeting.

Thanks for your replies, guys! I think I'll go ahead and get one. I also need one of those "pet barriers." Any preference on those? Mesh vs. steel bars? Thanks again!
Nancy