Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roll-on deodorant

Is anyone else having problems with flys?!? They are everywhere here in NE Ohio! I clean my yard faithfully, use spray on my "kids" and they are still eating their ears in the couple of hours they are outside. I finally used roll-on deoderant and it is working great! They lay and lick the other stuff off of each other but not this stuff.

Re: Roll-on deodorant

Huh? Do tell! The flies here in SW CT are *dreadful*. The dogs seem to be okay, so far, but we peeps are getting bitten all asunder. What brand? Where do you put it?

Is this strictly deoderant, or anti-perspirant? I think the plain deoderant is safer than the anti-persp.

Re: Re: Roll-on deodorant

It's just Dove deodorant, roll it on and the flies are leaving them alone and me. I put in on their ears and nose...me, EVERYWHERE, I'm so sick of being bitten, I have combed the woods looking for something dead thinking that's what's causing the infestation...nothing, must just be the weather.

Re: Re: Re: Roll-on deodorant

P.S. I'm going to buy the Mennen...suppose to last 48 hours.

Anti-perspirant/deodorant.

The flys are terrible here too. Have not had any problems with the dogs getting bitten by the flys. I have all my dogs on Bug Off. springtimeinc.com for more info, it works on the mosquitoes also. Before I started using the bug off I used a drop of Advantix on the ears and it kept the flys away also.

Thanks, I'll try that too.

Avon Skin so Soft works too. :)

Not this year..I've used it..full strength even.

Re: Re: Re: Roll-on deodorant

I use the Eqyss Marigold horse spray.
You can get it from horse supply stores.
it is absolutely FANTASTIC for flies and repels flies mosquitoes and gnats. It is also an all-natural non-toxic botanical (no deet or pesticides) so it doesn't matter if they lick it and it is safe to breathe and does not burn your eyes.
It is a large bottle but it lasts lots of labs two summers and really works and safe for puppies.
Best wishes

I use alot of cross-over products from EQYSS too, the Marigold spray is great! I use their other products for hot spots.

Why isn't this product for sale in California?

"DISCLAIMER:
Not sold in the state of California"

Is the application rate the same for dogs as it is for horses? Is it safe for dogs too? Is the information for dogs on the label?

Thanks.

I bought my Eqyss Marigold spray on E-bay.
Don't be put off by the price - its a big bottle and it lasts a long time. And it works!

Sorry the dog info is not on the label.
It says:
Spray body including head as often as needed

I guess if it is non-toxic you don't have to worry.

Most horse sprays in the farm store have to be diluted for use on dogs. If it is safe then why can't you buy it in California?

I really don't know why they don't sell in CA because they are a California company - I don't work for EQyss - I just like their product because it is pesticide free.
I saw on their website they do now have a Marigold spray for dogs, not just for horses, so you don't have to worry about the dosage.
http://www.eqyss.com/pet_marigold_spray.asp

Call thier customer service number: Tel: 1(800) 526-7469

LOL about not being safe in California.

I am doing some welding for a friend and the product I am using causes birth defects in the State of California.

Good thing I am not in California!