Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pup loses tooth dog attack

If a puppy loses a baby tooth due to trauma what are the odds the adult tooth will come in? My baby was bit by another dog and he had to get a few stitches and one baby tooth was torn out and a teeny piece of the jaw above the tooth. This was a neighbor's dog that hopped the fence.

Re: Pup loses tooth dog attack

my understanding is that baby teeth do not have roots so it should not affect the secondary tooth which is underneath the gum line.I would get an x-ray to see if the tooth is there.

Re: Re: Pup loses tooth dog attack

Would the secondary tooth be there at 10 weeks of age?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

my understanding is that baby teeth do not have roots so it should not affect the secondary tooth which is underneath the gum line.I would get an x-ray to see if the tooth is there.

Re: Re: Re: Pup loses tooth dog attack

Save your money. It will come it or it won't come in. Chances are it will be fine.

Re: Pup loses tooth dog attack

Generally speaking, the adult teeth are not harmed by damage to the baby teeth...it is why the baby teeth are built the way they are.

Also, lack of one tooth should not cause her significant harm in any venue in the future--even the ring. Know dogs with missing canines that have finished!