Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A thank you

I don't post here very often, but I do a lot of reading. I would like to say thank you to Jill, for this forum, and those breeders who share helpful information. Last week I did a search through the archives, remembering there was some information on swimmer puppies.

I had a 2 1/2 week old puppy who was laying pretty flat on her stomach (I had started turning her on her side to nurse and sleep, the week before) When she was moving she would drag her feet behind her, and was not pulling them under her-to get up on them, like the rest of the litter. I thought she may be a slight swimmer and even made a appointment at my vet. I hated the idea of taking her in, and the chance of exposing her to anything.

After reading in the archives about using the rubber side of a bath rug, I thought it was worth a try, and got the one from my down stairs bath. For the first time this little girl pulled her legs under her and stood with no assistance, then took 3 steps! The next morning I cancelled my vet appointment, to give her a day or two. I never had to take her in.

Now after a week, she is up and moving, even on the fleece at the other end of the box! She is also playing and trying to climb out!

Was she just a little slower or a slight swimmer...I guess I will never really know. I do know, I will have the rubber side up of a bath rug in my box from now on! Plus, every time I see her walk and play, I will thank those who did not even know they had helped me, when they were helping someone else!

Thanks a bunch!
Patty

Re: A thank you

Yea for you and your puppy Patty!

Johanne

Re: Re: A thank you

Now THAT'S what the forum is all about.....sharing helpful information and offering support for those of us who need it! I'm glad your baby girl is doing much better Patty!

Re: Re: Re: A thank you

That's wonderful, Patty. And truly a testament to how this forum works when people use it in the manner in which it was intended to be used.