Comment
What would you do?

What would you do if..You bred to the same dog
twice and the bitch did not take after many
progesterone tests, the bitch had 2 previous
litters, the bitch owner KNEW the correct days
she was ready. Stud dog owner called on the day
one of the shipments was supposed to arrive and
said it was not coming for 3 more days..

Fed X lost one of the shipments and
arrived 3 days too late. Shipment was
Insured. I asked stud dog owner to file
a claim. That way since I did not want to
repeat the breeding and paid the entire stud
fee up front. They would have their stud fee,
and I would have it back as well. Fair???

Please, only honest answers from bitch owners....
and what would you do now?

Re: What would you do?

Did they file a claim??

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What would you do if..You bred to the same dog
twice and the bitch did not take after many
progesterone tests, the bitch had 2 previous
litters, the bitch owner KNEW the correct days
she was ready. Stud dog owner called on the day
one of the shipments was supposed to arrive and
said it was not coming for 3 more days..

Fed X lost one of the shipments and
arrived 3 days too late. Shipment was
Insured. I asked stud dog owner to file
a claim. That way since I did not want to
repeat the breeding and paid the entire stud
fee up front. They would have their stud fee,
and I would have it back as well. Fair???

Please, only honest answers from bitch owners....
and what would you do now?

Re: Re: What would you do?

No, they refused!

You said stud owner called and said shipment would not arrive for three more days? Wby?
If the stud owner made a mistake I WOULD not pay stud fee.
I would reimburse stud dog owner following -
FEDX and AI kit charges if they paid
Collection fee if they did not do their own and had a vet do it
$100 flat fee for their time

If AI shipment was delayed due to circumstances over which they had no control, then my dear you are obligated to uphold your part of the agreement. Pay the stud feed and any other costs stud owner may have paid up front.

Forgot to ask, have you already paid a stud fee for the prior attempts which failed?
If this third attemt failed and they already have your your original stud fee then I would only reimburse them any additional costs, no stud fee.
Then I would not be going back to that stud dog.

Stud dog owner insisted all of the stud fee be
paid before the first shipment was received.
I did that. Plus the AI kits and shipping.

One shipment was supposed to arrive on Sat.
They called me on Sat,(middle of day) and
said they wanted 1 more progesterone test????
Not their call....So the semen was shipped
on monday for tuesday delivery and...
TOO LATE.

I did NOT opt. for a 3rd time. But felt at
least after all of this, they should have
filed a claim for the other lost shipment
that Fed X lost. They refused..

A more fundamental question:

Why do people use this forum to gain some kind of consensus or "try" their case in a court of public opinion.

It seems like muckraking at best. One person tells (her) side of the story before the other side is told. Then stand back.... let it fly.

This kind of back-handed public slander is hurtful and can be very destructive.

Re: Re: Re: What would you do?

This is a place to reach many people and why not let others know the good and the bad? Everyone complains how we should let each other so we can avoid the same pitfalls. I like to know who to be cautious around. I have avoided many mistakes because people have been exposed on this forum.

Replying to:

Why do people use this forum to gain some kind of consensus or "try" their case in a court of public opinion.

It seems like muckraking at best. One person tells (her) side of the story before the other side is told. Then stand back.... let it fly.

No one was mentioned by name. Feedback can be helpful.

Also, another question: Why couldn't the bitch owner file a claim with Fed Ex??

Replying to:

I, for one, find it very interesting that so many different things go on. It is helpful to me at times, makes me take a look at my contracts, practice, program to better improve it. I would not want to pay a stud fee only to have it caboshed in the end because of delay that should never have happened. I am also wondering why the stud owner requested another proj test...could there be something wrong with the stud that they aren't disclosing, you know, stalling for time? How convienent that all of this happened. I would want a refund, whether it was from FedEx or the stud owner, sounds awful fishy to me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you do?

I cannot think of a better place to ask a
question in a situation I have never been
in before. And from Labrador breeders that
ship and ship and ship all over the world.

It is not my problem if some of you are just
plain paranoid! Could it be your stud??
Who cares. Has it happend to you?

Slander is a very serious word and NEVER
brought into this senerio. Please go to another
topic! or..don't post:)

I do not have a Fed X acct. Only the shipper did.

I know there are some very experinced breeders on
this forum that have an opinion on this. To me,
it's about doing what is right. Even if it is a
very big breeder. Should I just let this go
because of that? Or just go on with the feeling
I have just been royally taken advantage of??
and NO puppies?? $$$ later..

Thanks so much

We have our own fed ex account for shipping out and shipping in. When fed ex lost one of our shipments coming in, we filed the claim and the only thing fed ex would reimburse was the shipping charges which were credited to our fed ex account, even though the shipment was insured. They would not give an explanation as to why they would not payout the insured value. We did get a replacement shipment from the stud owner the very next day and did a trancervical insemination to put the sperm where it needed to be immediately. We also followed with another transcervical on the 2nd shipment to ensure our best possible chances for a litter. Can't respond to why the stud owner would not ship when instructed to do so if you had progesterone timings unless the # was still very low, at a baseline level. As a stud dog owner, we would rather ship one shipment early (on a Fri for a Sat) to make sure she was covered if coming up to a weekend to cover Sun and Mon. then ship Mon and, if needed Tues or Wed. In those cases, it is best to do another prog on Mon to see where her #s are and go from there.

Well as a stud and bitch owner I'd say the whole situation sucks. I really do feel for you. It's a shame that it didn't work out for you and you'd think the stud owner would be disappointed too as having get out of their bo out there is ussually good advertisement for their stud.

But as I've learned over the years take it as a lesson learned and walk away taking the high road. I'm sure you'll find a better match for you girl with a stud owner who may be easier to deal with.

I strongly believe things happen for a reason and what goes around comes aroud for both good and bad.

Again I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this but it may be for the best in the end.

btw what is the high road? Just take crap?

Replying to:

Well as a stud and bitch owner I'd say the whole situation sucks. I really do feel for you. It's a shame that it didn't work out for you and you'd think the stud owner would be disappointed too as having get out of their bo out there is ussually good advertisement for their stud.

But as I've learned over the years take it as a lesson learned and walk away taking the high road. I'm sure you'll find a better match for you girl with a stud owner who may be easier to deal with.

I strongly believe things happen for a reason and what goes around comes aroud for both good and bad.

Again I'm really sorry that you have to deal with this but it may be for the best in the end.

Yep, sometimes that's what it means, unfortunately. Never fear, tho... God is watching.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you do?

When my shipment was lost the SHIPPER had to file the claim. In this case it would be the STUD owner who HAS to file the claim. When it happened to me the stud owner acted all put out but finally did it because I pressed for it and I got 800 bucks back from FedEx BUT I also insured it!!!!!

That leads me to how hard it was to have the stud owner insure my package..she didn't want to do it. I have run in to this a few times...and I can't figure out why STUD owners are so reluctant to insure...I am paying for it!!!!

IMO...you should get your $$$ it doesn't matter who this STUD owner is or how well known they are.

With them asking for another progesterone on the day they were suppose to ship would make me believe he was used already that day for someone else, maybe twice if he's real busy.

Me too Deb!
Did you get the Fed-Ex tracking number on the shipment that was lost? On shipping semen through Fed-Ex I always get the number and track it to its destination myself. If there are any issues, I deal with them direct. You can tell the next morning if there is going to be a problem as it should be at the city of the local sort facility. If it is not, you can get a customer service rep on the phone and they will find it and at least expedite it in for the next day.
Honestly, I have never known them to just "lose" a package. They mainly have weather, mechanical, or air traffic issues that causes them to miss a connection making them a day late, are you sure they even shipped the "lost" semen?

Re: Re: What would you do? Thanks

Just want to thank all of you for your input.
Next time, I will have a lot more knowledge.

Thanks...

Then don't participate if you don't like it and leave the rest of us alone.

Re: Re: Re: What would you do? Thanks

What was the progesterone level when you wanted the semen sent?

Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you do? Thanks

Ready the next day of course.