Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Am vs Can. Championship Request

would like to request that when dogs finish their Canandian (vs their American) Championship the breeder or owners please clarify that it is the Canadian Ch. when nothing is stated most will assume they finished their American Ch.
and most breeders realize there is a difference
also it would be helpful if the same is noted on websites.

Re: Re: Am vs Can. Championship Request

I think you can assume that if the website is that of a Canadian breeder, and they just put Ch., that it is a Canadian Ch. Same for the website of an American breeder.

Yep, CH usually means champion in the country where they LIVE. Otherwise abbreviation of the county such as Am. Ch. in front of the name will be added.

g'sss

Re: Re: Re: Am vs Can. Championship Request

I don't think this is the place to discredit another countries championships, do you???
A canadian championship is nothing to laugh at.

Is this something to start yet another heated debate on this site? It makes perfect sense to me what Clair is pointing out. So much drama lately on the threads!!! I don't think there was any intention to downgrade a championship either way.

Can or Am, or any other recognized legitimate associate, but what about those who advertise their dogs as
AKC CH ptd So-and-So?

Oh, I disagree. "most breeders realize there is a difference" tells all.

sorry defintately did not mean to stir things up. I should not have included "there is a difference part" in my post unfortunately just wrote what I was thinking please let's not start a fight over regrettable phrasing

What's the problem if a breeder advertises that their dog is CH pointed?
I think it's an accomplishment worth advertising!

Nobody can deny that it's harder to get an American CH. But it's an honor to get a Canadian CH also.

I agree though about using CH on this forum. Since it's hosted by an American breeder, it makes sense to assume an American when CH is used, and then to clarify if it's any other country.

Now that's a different story and I agree. I rarely see Am Ch in front of a dog's name if the breeder is located in the US, same for Canadian breeders, but if posting in another country, such as on this site, yes it should be mentionned because yes it is easier to get a Canadian championship even though it is an honour and some of the best dogs are in Canada we should be open and honest about our dogs as we are with their health certifications.

Not a problem to say someone is Champion pointed, but to say AM CH ptd with the ptd in tiny letters after CH and before the name? tacky in my book.

Also, some say CH with UKC Champions. Most of us know but pet familys will not. I do agree that it is okay to say Can. Champion since this is an american based forum. I for one wonder most of the time, if I am pretty sure it is an Canadian kennel.
An American champion takes time, money and a very good dog these days. Tuff out there !

"An American champion takes time, money and a very good dog these days. Tuff out there"

As does a Canadian championship, but I know what you mean.

Melissa
(Owner of a Can CH/AKC Major pointed lady)

is this an issue with canadian champions and amercian champions? Someone said Am Ch is harder to receive, well what about getting and English title or any other country title.boy if you really are interested in someone dog and pedigree and want to know , then email them, i,m sure they would gladly show you there paperwork.Now people are ditcating to others what to post. come on...Does Jill have this somewhere in the guidleines that people should put they are Am CH or Can Ch or even Brazil Ch.

I was going to mention English Championships too Bluesouth. As all know that is the most difficult and not many per year are obtained. Everyone should know the point difference between Canada and the U.S. and do the addition. Neither is easy, one is more difficult than the other is all.

One thing to mention, a true Intl CH is a 3 country CH and if it's not that type it should be elaborated on the website or list. As for a particular country, I don't care personally. We can all do our homework if interested in a stud for example. It is nice to see when a bitch or stud has their Am/Can CH tho

It's JMO