Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Inappropriate content

Jill can't be expected to be online 24/7, watching this list. I have a suggestion Jill, which is just a friendly suggestion -- you need more moderators than just yourself.

Just a thought, that you might want to deputize a few trusted members, who can remove inappropriate posts from the back end almost as quickly as they appear.

Dian

Re: Inappropriate content

I agree Dian - I am simply horrified and speechless.

Re: Re: Inappropriate content

Thanks for removing that Jill.
Sheila

Re: Inappropriate BEHAVIOR

Why would anyone reply to such a post is beyond me!!!
You are just giving pleasure to the poster.
Pay attention and give NO ATTENTION!!

Please notice, this thread was *not* a reply to any particular post. It was in response to several that have occurred in the past. It was a suggestion, intended to assist Jill, who seems to have a very daunting task. It's likely one she has already considered and will employ, or not, according to her preference. I was simply speaking out loud, that there are likely several people who would be willing to help her if needed.

Dian

Re: Re: Inappropriate content

I think Dian has a good point. Jill could give trusted friends access so that this kind of juvenile stuff could be deleted quickly. Those friends not need to take on moderating responsibility beyond that.

Re: Re: Re: Thanks Jill

No I don't think Jill needs to deputize her trusted friends as monitors and here's my reason.

Jill is pretty cool in that she doesn't blow a fuse over the stupid, inappropriate posts on her forum. She rarely feels the need to comment, just deletes the threads. She is tolerant in that she will let her forum move in it's own course as long as the posts are not malicious towards an individual or inappropriate. I am sure she doesn't want this extra work but she is able to moderate her forum and has NEVER, not once, turned into a forum Nazi

At times this forum gets out of control but I couldn't imagine a better, more in control person that Jill keeping everything on an even keel.

Thanks Jill

Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks Jill

I happen to agree, not many have the coolness Jill does when it comes to all this stuff. Talk about being laid back. She's one special lady

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks Jill

Guess I did not make myself clear. The recent stupid post was so obvious that even a cave man would have recognized it as such. Jill can't be on the Forum 24/7 and if a couple of her trusted friends had delete capability, if they saw the stupid post before Jill did, they could simply hit the old delete button.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks Jill

You're correct Dian.

When there was a moderator the board ran smoother and people hesitated before posting cruel things. They used their backspace key more often perhaps.

As I didn't see the post, I can't comment. The moderators are quite busy with their own lives however don't think they don't come on and have an itchy finger to delete posts that are off color when Jill can't.

There is a crew to my knowledge but then again what do I know? I'm not a pal but like to see a clean list so we never lose it.

The post certainly was offensive, and I removed it as soon as I was aware of it.

I ran the ip # and it resolved to an AOL address. Since this particular post was so offensive, I have contacted AOL with the information, (along with the copy of the post) and hopefull they will take the appropiate action.

-Jill I have

Re: Censorship Bad

"Guess I did not make myself clear..."

I understood your post correctly.

Deleting posts is a bit of work, it has calmed down a lot and hopefully remain quiet.

I think giving others control of the delet key inevitahbly leads to justifying control of topics, of language,where does that end? You've got people here that are micromanagers. It is a VERY short step from deleting inappropriate, disgusting threads to having this forum censored, as we all saw when suddenly the word Bitch was not acceptible in posts. (that's just one example that comes to mind.)