Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Good Sam - Not so good

This is a heads up for those of us who drive motorhomes or pull a trailer to dog shows. I have had for many years Good Sam full coverage for about $110. year. Well thanks to a heads up from a good friend I discovered that if you are at a dog show ie parked and have a problem Good Sam will not come to service it. They consider dog showing a commercial for profit venture. Obviously they don't understand the financials of dog showing I have cancelled my Good Sam and will try maybe Family Motor Coach, suggestions are welcome. Strangely enough Good Sam would come for service if I was at a NASCAR event - go figger.

Re: Good Sam - Not so good

I have AAA Plus RV and they have taken care of me at dog events...

Re: Re: Good Sam - Not so good

Ditto for me with AAA Plus RV. They have taken good care of me severals times - twice @ dog shows.
Bibsmom - Valerie

Re: Re: Re: Good Sam - Not so good

This is a good question.

I have had AAA for years, but when I have called for road assistance, they have been horrible. Once was a bad car accident--they informed me I was out of their service area !?

Once was a nice, sunny spring day with a dead battery in my work parking lot--said it would be a 4-hour wait??? Found a friend with jumpber cables.

Now the new issue. We have an 8-hole dog topper on the truck. Good Sam said they would not service the truck because of the dog box!!! AAA won't either.

So, right now we have NO coverage because we pull our trailer with the dog truck. Any suggestions???

MK

Re: Good Sam - Not so good

Well, regular AAA doesn't do it - you have to pay a bit extra for AAA Plus RV.

Try AAA!

AAA has fixed flat tires on horse trailers for us as big team ropings. That hobby costs even more than showing dogs if you can believe it! They came quickly to my aid at last spring's specialty when my keys were locked inside a truck with a dead battery. He had it opened and running in less than 3 minutes. I was impressed!!!!

Re: Try AAA!

We are a rodeo family as well, once you have a dually you must have rv plus! It was a god send a couple of times pulling 4 horses and problems with the diesel truck. They send two trucks one for the truck and one for the trailer. Once they hauled the horses to a near by rodeo grounds until the part came for the truck. And dog show people wonder why travelling is no big deal!

Re: Re: Try AAA!

Thanks to all, I am heading up to the AAA place tomorrow