Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What could be wrong with this puppy Update

Hi,
I posted Early in the week, Found out I had a swimmer pup. Thanks Jackie for sending me the photos for a sweater. I didn't make the sweater butknow for next time.?? Instead I made the rice socks some big some long.Having 2 home businesses.Which I'm home 24/7 I could roll the pup on his side quite often a day which I did. Now that he is 2 wks.
He is rolling over by himself mostly on his back and sleeps there most of the day. I don't see him much on his side.By himself.

But he is able to get to the 2 big rice socks and that helps him roll over with the help of those.Smart little guy. So he has improved greatly. Now I know if I have to go through this again.And Glad I'm home for him to be turned... TIA For everyones Knowledge on this suject, I'm more informed.
I did make hills and valleys with the socks.And have bout 5 in the whelping box.Needless to say we caught this in time. I'm sure he could be alot worse. He was not a Swimmer at birth this started about 5 days after birth. The mother when seeing these rice socks in the box.Thought she got more pups and even tried to move them over to her to nurse.!!!!

Re: What could be wrong with this puppy Update

Ah the forum working at its best :)
Glad to hear your pup is doing better. Try getting him outside on the grass as well, this really helped my swimmer pup to get mobile.

Re: Re: What could be wrong with this puppy Update

Glad to hear he is doing better :}.... try to not let him sleep on his back though, the side is the best to get those ribs to go back to where they should be... keep us updated!
Aloha,
jackie