Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
embargo

I am planning to fly with my lab,next week to Dallas, could anybody help me to know if there is embargo to fly with dogs ? what can I do?
T K
Ye

Re: embargo

Some airlines (I think Continental) will fly your dogs in the heat, but most airlines won't fly them if it's over 85F. Looks like it barely gets below that at night there and it's supposed to be over 100F all week!

Call the airline!

If under 19 pounds and can fit under your seat, Delta allows on board for $50, other than that heat is suppose to be bad for next 10 days plus...good luck! even if flying under your seat take ice pacs in a pillow case.

Re: Re: embargo

As Gail mentioned if the dog is under 20 pounds he/she can go right on board. If not, yes, Continental flies dogs in the heat because they have a different way of transporting on the tarmac. They have heated and airconditioned vans taking care of the babies. I do not know if they fly into Dallas, can't remember but you can check that out. 800-575-3335 is the number for Continental. The other airlines will not fly right now due to heat ristrictions

thank you very much !
Ye

If you are already booked on American Airlines, American does indeed have the "heat" embargo in place. We are predicted to be in the low 100s for the high every day this week.

Depends on the airline.
Alaska Airlines has no heat restrictions as all the cargo holds are climate controlled to ship seafood.
I shipped a pup to Dallas on Monday.

Ye Klien????????? from Mexico??????????? yahoo.com.mx, no importa dar tu verdadero nombre no seas penoso.

Si viajas muy temprano o en la noche no tienes problema, especialmente si viajas por mexicana o aeromexico.