Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Polly Burkhardt...Classique

It is with deep regret my dear freind and mentor Polly Burkhardt of Classique Labradors has been again diagnosised with brain cancer. The doctors have given her 1 to 3 months to live. Polly is not able to work now and she doesn't have email but her snail-mail address is

Polly Burkhardt
4644 W. 375 N.
Delphi, IN 46923-9176

If any of you would prefer to call her, email me at amenlabs@yahoo.com and I will give you her phone number. I realize Polly hasn't been real active for the last few years but the red hat crew should remember her well.

If anyone is going to the Muncie, IN. shows this week contact me about a get together for her at my house on Sat. evening (I live about 18 mile from the show site.)

Please keep Tom (hubby), Christopher (son), in your prayers and for those of us close to her to be strong for them.

Thank you, Debbie Penrod

Re: Polly Burkhardt...Classique

Oh Debby what terrible news.
Thank you for letting us know.
Many of us oldsters remember her well and are very glad we had the opportunity to know her. She is a great person and has been a real asset to the Labrador world.
How very sad that she, Tom, & Christopher are facing this.
Hugs to you as well, I know how close you are.
There is no one stronger than you Debbie.
God Bless all of you!!

Barb Stinehelfer

I'm saddened to hear this. She and her family will be in my prayers.

I am so sorry to hear about Polly.

Re: Re: Polly Burkhardt...Classique

So sad, this lady was one of the first to help me get my start in Labs!

I'm so sorry to hear this. Positive vibes and prayers being sent to Polly and her family.

Re: Re: Re: Polly Burkhardt...Classique

Polly has been down a long rough road for the past few years and her strength is just wonderful... I seen her at Winnebago LRC and she looked fabulous !!

As always you will be in my prayers and stay strong, you can fight this one too......

Debbie I will not be a Muncie, but please give her a hug and kiss from me and Shayna. Tell her to keep the faith.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Polly Burkhardt...Classique

So very sorry to hear she has this :{... I had a litter years ago out of Fire and Ice and have never had another litter that had coats like I got out of him. God bless her and I will pray for a miracle for her!
Aloha,
Jackie

Dear Debbie,

It was with a very heavy heart that I read your recent post on Polly. Be assured that her family will be in our prayers. Please give her a hug for me. So many of our Huntcrest Gang trace back to the litter she and I co-bred so many years ago now... Hugs to you, too, I know you've been her best buddy for more years than either of us want to count.

Best regards,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

Debbie,
I have fond memories from years ago of the "Polly & Debbie" team. And of course Fire and Ice was such a beautiful boy. Please let Polly and her family know they are in our family's thoughts and prayers.
With Warm Thoughts,
Susan and Family
Fenwyck Labradors

Debbie,
I am so sorry to hear of this sad news. I never really got to meet Polly but certainly knew her great dogs. Mostly though my heart goes out to you, her friend. I know this must be very hard for you and I am sorry. I know what it is like to lose a friend and what a hole it leaves in your life.
Judy Heim

Re: Re: Re: Polly Burkhardt...Classique

So very sad. I too remember the Polly/Debbie team, and so admire the quality of black dogs I always see you both with ! Stay strong girls !