Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pedigree Software to buy

I'm currently researching various pedigree software to buy. I'd like an friendly user one, kine of like the free pedigree generator so many of us use. I'd like to find one that allows 6 or more generations, to add pics of the dogs in the pedigree or add pics of my own dogs in the background.

Has anyone used this one : http://www.mbfs.com/ ?
http://www.tenset.co.uk/ba/peds.html or this one ?
Thanks !!

Re: Pedigree Software to buy

I use the online version of MBF and love it!!

I use the second one - Breeder's Assistant. I like it - you can add pictures of dogs as well. I don't think it will do a 6-generation pedigree, but will do 5, which is hard enough to read. I can't imagine trying to read the font necessary to print a 6-generation pedigree on a single piece of paper. But then again, these eyes aren't as young as they used to be

I just looked at my BA and it does do a 6-generation pedigree.

Re: Re: Pedigree Software to buy

Thanks ! Do you have their website you could copy and paste ?

DUH....Man's best friend..sorry about that.

I have the tenset.co.uk one (Breeder's Assistant.) I will NEVER purchase Man's Best Friend. I gave the trial version a run oh, 10 years ago--and despite requesting to be removed from their mailing list at least twice a year, and several times within one three week period, I am STILL on it.

I'd do a Google on MBF before I buy it...there are a LOT of complaints out there about how they do business.

Maybe I'll get my husband's drafting board out and draw up a large 10 generation pedigree of my bitch lines. I really only wanted a more indepth pedigree for my own research. Most pet people don't really care about anything past a 3 generation pedigree anyway. Stud dog owners like to see a 4 generation pedigree...

I use MBF and like it very much. I have had nothing but good luck with their customer service in fact have found them very prompt when I have needed questions answers.

Sue

I have used the BA (Breeders Assistant) for years and keep a ton of info on my dogs and like it very much. When I crashed my last computer and could not find my software they were just great at getting me back up and running. I think support is a very important thing to consider when buying any software.
I bought my BA long before MB-F came on the scene so I cannot comment as to which program is better.
LOL

Have used MBF for years through all kinds of upgrades and the support is always great.
Each program has its pro's and con's but this one gives me the flexibility and amenities that I personally prefer.
It has evolved and is now much better than the earlier versions were too.