Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dry Wall as a food group

Any one know why dogs love to diasemble the house?
I have one wall its small that which I seem to have a couple of over grown brown mice,with retriever at the end of there name.That seem to whittling away the wall at night. Or when mom is not watching.

That prefer the DRYWALL then there
natures variety Salmon and there PP Chicken and rice.
I would think that would taste much better then the Dry Wall with probably the taste of paste & Chalk .

Re: Dry Wall as a food group

Dampen the wall with a little water and sprinkle some cayenne pepper on it. It works great. You may have to do it a couple of times, but once they pick up the scent, they will just walk away.

Ahhhh yes! I have one that used to do the very same thing. She would sit down and chew the corners! Fortunately, she outgrew it.

Re: Re: Dry Wall as a food group

I've got labbeavers here too that love that dry wall and they get to it through the wire crate that's up against the wall! Got the same beavers that eat the wire off the fence so they can get out of the area their in too.... go figure, they have tons of toys and nylabones but prefer the drywall and the wire off the gates geesh!
Aloha,
Jackie

aaaahhhhh yes I was thinking the same thing. Looks like day care here with all the toys. And they love hot peppers + Tomatoes. So hard to spray anything on it.Because of what they like to graze on.

I too have one that likes drywall.

One day she created a beautiful scene of seaweed on one of our walls. No kidding, all I had to do was paint it green as it was textured and everything.

I had her pose beside her art work and took a picture, but it was before digital days and it was a bit blurry.

So glad that she outgrew that stage pretty quickly.

Too funny - well at least I know I'm not alone. My list of "to do" things around the house is primarily fix-its - due to the dogs. Holes in the dry-wall, missing banisters, missing cedar shingles, broken fencing, holes to China. The whole place looks like it has been taken over by the Giant Termites. There must be a "season" for chewing. We can go months without any damage and then - watch out - anything goes. Last month they ate a whole in the floor of the dog house and were excavating underneath? The house has been there for 5 years - why now?