Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Travis and Slim

Travis and Slim

I just received my LQ and my hat is truly off to the Hyspire ladies and Laura Fletcher – lest not forget the awesome producer Brodie!
Travis and Slim are simply 2 of the most beautiful Labs I have ever seen….period!

They are truly ‘living art’.

Kudos’ to all of you. I hope to be using one of the ‘guys’ soon.

Thank you for your dedication – we all benefit from it.

Re: Travis and Slim

Yes, these boys are the "Best" They are truly a credit to the breed. Good job to the Hyspire ladies and Laura Fletcher!

Re: Re: Travis and Slim

??????

LMAO

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yes, these boys are the "Best" They are truly a credit to the breed. Good job to the Hyspire ladies and Laura Fletcher!

Re: Re: Travis and Slim

Thank you for such kind words and for even being brave enough to voice such accolades on the forum. You know it is interesting too when you look at the pedigrees on these dogs. There was Receiver and there was Marshland Blitz, then it rolled down to Ruffy under Receiver and skipped a generation and from Blitz down to Arnold on the other side, then skip another generation, then Brodie ( a lot of people don't realize he is an Arnold grandson), then from Brodie down to Strutts ( who was...a Blitz great grandson on dam side) and crossed over to Windfall Black Piper who was once again...Arnold, then down to Pipe Major, then over to TRavis and so it goes. You can see these same dogs in pedigrees all around our country and others. Arnold of course has done wonders in many countries through his get, Brodie has kids all over the world through semen shipping but also because he went to Holland to Withara Labradors for two years. I know Pipe Major has wonderful puppies all over this country and also in Europe, and Travis also has puppies all over. I know there is a lot of talk about the state the breed is in but from where I stand it is in the best shape I've ever seen. The dogs I see around this country at different specialties are incredible. The structure is getting better, the type has improved, movement of course is following the correct structure. Even at very small specialties the depth of quality is like nothing I have ever seen before in our breed. I can not speak for other countries simply because I have not been there, but I am very proud of the Labradors I am seeing here and also proud when I see these show dogs getting their hunting retriever titles. I get emails constantly from people with their show bred pups that are retrieving fools. That is not new though. I have never seen a loss of retrieving ability just because the dog is pretty. Anyway thank you again for saying such kind words about a couple of our dogs and I am sure Laura Fletcher will be thanking you too for recognizing Brodie as the spectacular asset to the breed he is.
Judy Heim

Re: Re: Re: Travis and Slim

With "Caretakers" like you folks the breed is NOT in trouble!!!

Class act, all the way!

Re: Re: Re: Travis and Slim

You know it's sad that people like you have to even think that you control the forum and what I say on this forum. If you think you know me, then you know that I have always loved Hyspire dogs. Your stupid comments about me don't belong on this forum and that wasn't even the subject. So, you need to "Grow UP"
I will ignore any other comments you make on this forum about what I say! This is also why people don't want to list there names and kennel names, because people like you have nothing better to do then bad mouth them.

Re: Re: Re: Influence

What I see and am attractted to is the Tabatha Influence through Pipe major and various girls going back to Decoy, somtimes twice in the hyspire boys pedigree. Dickendall and Tabatha crossed have produced over and over, evident in these boys.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Influence

Good detecting. You know how to look at a pedigree.
Judy

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Influence

Jerry,

you pedigree sleuth you. I am humbled when I think of the dogs you know and the lines behind them.