Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW!!! Am Champion

Today in Fitchburg, MA. Can. Ch. Wood Duck's Dark And Stormy finished!!! Judge Bonnie Threfall also gave "Mariah" her 1st pt. 4 yrs ago. This bitch is 9.5 yrs old and is bred, owned and handled by my long-time friend Jeanne Charest!

Jeanne kept this little blk pup from the 1st litter she bred and all pt's were earned from the BBE class, no SMALL feat!!!

I am so very pleased and proud for Jeanne, her first Labrador although a "decent" chocolate bitch was not destined to shine in the conformation ring. But, Jeanne enjoyed showing her AND also put a UD on this same girl enabling her to eventually become an AKC Obedience Judge.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS!! to someone that truly deserves this!! Many yr's of devotion and dedication have been rewarded

I "bet" there's a cold beer and a big smile in Fitchburg tonight!!!

Re: NEW!!! Am Champion

What a well deserved win and Championship. Hats off to you and Jeanne! I saw Stormy at the ILRC a couple of years ago and she's beautiful.

Re: Re: NEW!!! Am Champion

Wow Congratulations Jeanne!
Traci

YEAH JEANNE AND MARIAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!! I am so very happy for you!! Glad you never gave up on that beautiful bitch! Enjoy the view from the clouds!!

Sorry...I meant "Mariah"!!!

I just saw Jeanne a few weeks ago and she was telling me how she was trying to get that last point to finish Mariah.
I am so gald she got her finished. What great news.
Big Congratulations and hugs to all.

Re: Re: Re: NEW!!! Am Champion

A huge CONGRATULATIONS to Jeanne and her beautiful Mariah! Good things really DO come to those who wait!!! Great dog and handler....what could be better??

Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW!!! Am Champion

How wonderful!
Congratulations Jeane

I too salute your efforts Jeanne! Congratulations from one of your friends!

Jeanne:
Sorry I missed it. HUGE congrats!!! Now THAT's dedication!!! Wahoo!

This is wonderful news - congratulations Jeanne and Mariah -- I couldn't be happier for you!!
And I'm cracking open a Sam Adams to toast your accomplishment :))

Congrats to you both you deserved to become a champion age has nothing to do with it,she is a beautiful girl ,see you at north conway and we will have a toast to you both.

Well Bev stole my thunder in announcing this to you all but Thanks for it as I only got back on Sunday. Thank goodness I stayed there would have been no points for labs but by loosing as the "Special"-- "I can't believe I wrote that" the judge was able to give a point to both the dog and bitch.

A little correction, Bonnie gave her her first points but it was a 2 pointer and 2 days later she picked up another 2 points under breeder judge Wendy McNaughton. Then we had a dry spell but on a whim went out to Long Island and showed again to Wendy and this time the major held and her first major (3), the Iroqouis Specialty for 4 under Marion Lyons and then 3 points under another breeder judge- Linda Vaughn. Then another drought until Friday when Bonnie found her again.

I found out after that Bonnie had handled Mariah's grandmother: Chucklebrook Mousefeather.

Mariah couldn't figure out what all the hoopla was all about -- all she wanted was some prime rib.

Little did I know that this little black bitch that I held seconds after she was born would be my first home grown CH. I don't think I'll ever do bred-by again as this is a hard class to be in with most judges not looking down the line but it can be done.

Yes...THANK YOU for staying!!!! Because otherwise my "Olive" (Windfall Black Pearl) would not have gotten the point!!! Thanks

Re: Re: Re: NEW!!! Am Champion

You are quite welcome. I knew when I pulled my boy because he is singled out that if I pulled my girl there was nothing left so I was more than happy to see a worthy girl get it

a big Woo-hoo goin' out to Jeanne and her perseverance!! Get that dog (AND Jeanne!) a steak!! Congrats, Lisa

I settled for Hot and Sour Soup, Twiced cooked pork and Fried Rice but some nice hot Sake!

I won't rell you what Mariah got besides sleeping on the bed