Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Young adult screening questionnaire

Does any one have a young adult and or adult questionnaire they would share with a newbie? I have a puppy questionnaire but have searched the web for one that pertains to adults and has questions that pertain to adopting an older Lab.

Re: Young adult screening questionnaire

I don't have questionnaires - I just talk to the people. Works for me.

Re: Young adult screening questionnaire

Here's a copy of the one I use...

Older Pup / Adult Dog Adoption Application

Please keep in mind there are no right or wrong answers. The purpose of these questions is to help me get to know you better and make sure the pup/dog will go to a responsible, loving, and happy home best suited to its individual needs.

All questions must be answered to the best of your ability before consideration for an older pup or adult dog will be given.

(You can copy and paste this application to your email editor before filling it out and then email it to us, or you can print it from your computer and then send it through regular mail.)

Name:

Home Phone #:

Alternate Phone # (cell, work, etc):

Email Address:

Home/Mailing Address:

Is this a permanent (long term) or temporary (short term) address?

If temporary, please explain.(for example some people have jobs such as the military where they change location on a regular basis.):

Do you understand that having a dog is a big responsibility and commitment to the dog for the duration of its life?

Do you agree to take the dog to a vet regularly and as needed to keep the dog healthy and current on all vaccinations?

Do you understand that anytime you bring home a new dog, you can expect that it might feel insecure due to the sudden changes and unsure of what is happening. That it may not eat well the first few days and that it may also wine or bark a lot the first few nights until it becomes used to its new home and accepts you as its new family?

Do you understand that although the dog has had some training and received a good start to life, that further obedience work, house training, and socialization may be needed depending on age and current training level?

Have you owed a dog before? If so, what breeds did you own, at what ages did you acquire these dogs, what were the circumstances by which they were obtained (Breeder, Pet Store, Rescue, Shelter, etc), and what eventually became of them (passed away, still living with you, sold or given away, etc)?

Do you have any dogs or other pets living with you now? If so, how many and what kinds?

Do you have children living with you at home? If so, how many and what ages?

What situation best describes where you live?

A. rule
B. suburb
C. city or town

How much land do you have for the dog to run on?

Is your yard fenced with either traditional fencing or an invisible fence?

Do you agree to keep the dog under control and on a leash when off your property?

Where will the dog spend the majority of its time?

A. inside
B. outside
C. half inside/half outside

If you answered B or C to the last question, where will the dog stay when outside?

A. Free in fenced yard; Please specify if supervised, unsupervised, or a little of both:
B. Kennel; Please provide dimensions:
C. Tied out; please specify length of line:
D. Roaming free
E. Other, Please Explain:

Where will the dog be when no one is home? (Please be specific)

How long will the dog be left home alone a day?

A. It won't be home alone; someone is almost always home
B. Just briefly to run errands (less than 3 hours total most days)
C. Between 4 to 6 hours a day
D. Up to 8 hours a day
E. More than 8 hours a day

Please list at least one professional reference, if possible, with phone number (vet, breeder, groomer, etc):

Please list at least two personal references with phone numbers and their relationship to you (friend, family member, co-worker etc)

Hope this helps!

Re: Re: Young adult screening questionnaire

How generous of you, thanks!