Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jersey Skylands Specialty - Entries Close This Wed.- PLEASE READ!

ENTRIES CLOSE THIS WEDNESDAY (8/22/07)
The JSLRC Specialty is back this year in a new location. We have a beautiful private site away from the all-breed show sheltered on two sides by shade trees with lots of picnic tables and charcoal grills. Great Hospitality and Raffle! In addition, we are having a Supported Entry on Thursday. ENTER ALL THREE SHOWS THROUGH MB-F
Location: North Brach Park, 355 Milltown Road, Bridgewater, NJ
Thursday, 9/06/07 SUPPORTED ENTRY with Big Apple Sporting Dog Society
Judges: Dan Ericsson (Raglan Labradors - Sweden)
Sweepstakes: Dottie Black (Hiview - USA)
FRIDAY - 9/7/07 JSLRC SPECIALTY (With Tuxedo Park KC)
Judges: Dogs/Intersex Tony Floyd (Trenow - England)
Bitches: Maureen Floyd (Trenow - England)
Sweepstakes (puppy & Veteran) - Dawn Marie Nacey (Empress - USA)
SATURDAY - 9/8/07 JSLRC SPECIALTY (with Somerset Hills KC)
Judges: Dogs/Intersex Maureen Floyd (Trenow -England)
Bitches - Tony Floyd (Trenow - England)
Sweepstakes (puppy & Veteran) - Jennifer Sotts (Shannon Valley - USA
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!
JSLRC Website: www.jerseyskylandslrc.com

Re: Jersey Skylands Specialty - Entries Close This Wed.- PLEASE READ!

Carroll County, North Conway closes this wednesday also

Am I reading the premium for Friday correctly? Is there no break for puppy classes - we are to pay $30 for a puppy. Sorry, I realize it's the east coast and everything is more expensive but I'm a bit in shock over that one. Even $26 on Sat for puppies is higher than I'm used to seeing. I was going to bring 2 puppies, but now I'm thinking just 1 will come. Still looking forward to this show!

What do you normally pay for a pup entry in a speciality show? Realize the cost of everything here is high, rental of the site and more. Just my input from New Jersey. Enjoy the show, JSLRC always does a wonderful job.

Re: Re: Jersey Skylands Specialty - Entries Close This Wed.- PLEASE READ!

This is just for discussion sake, I don't want anyone to think I'm making a stink - I'm still coming to this show and look forward to it- just with fewer dogs than I had planned.

I just checked entries for the specialties I plan to attend this fall (Shawnee Mission, Huron River, Raleigh-Durham, Potomac Bare Bones, and Spirit of St. Louis). None of them have the first entry fee for adults higher than $24 and all give a break for puppy and bred-by exhibitor classes (average is $17-$18 for puppy & bred-by). Pawcatuck River LRC is also east coast and their puppy & bred by fees are also $17. Just something to think about, entry fees directly impact number of dogs people can bring. People like to bring puppies for experience and when it's cheaper than the adult classes it's incentive to bring more along.

I can't wait to enjoy the show!

Re: Re: Re: Jersey Skylands Specialty - Entries Close This Wed.- PLEASE READ!

Sorry still contemplating but JSLRC had no control over the per dog fee. I realized that it was high and so the sweepstakes price is $15.00 - we cannot dictate to the all breed clubs what they charge for an entry.