Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

As a non-breeder, non-showing, non-kennel, lab lover I have read this forum for some time gleaning information to better care for my senior. She is a gorgeous 12 year old black that my husband and I fell in love with at first site. I got brave enough to post the question on this forum regarding getting another senior and the responses were so positive.
ANNOUNCING - our second senior, an equally lovely 10 year old yellow girl joined us 2 days ago and what a love. Oh, what proud parents we are! We had to drive 4 hours to pick her up, taking our lady with us. Have an SUV that is big enough for 2 ortho beds to fit in the back. The trip home was a dream, I had to keep looking to see if everyone was OK, they were both just taking advantage of a comfortable ride. Not as easy on my rear end but they were amazing.
To those breeders who have entrusted us with the care of these very special ladies, my deepest heart felt thanks. To those of you on this forum who gave your support, thank you for dealing with a non-breeder.
Best to all of you and your "kids" and thanks again for sharing.

Fran

Re: A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Bless you - adopting 2 seniors.
You are very special - these ladies are lucky to have you.
Bibsmom - Valerie

You sound like the perfect home! Can I come and live with you too? Enjoy your oldies, they are the best.

Congrats, Fran! Seniors are the best! My oldest girl Susie is almost 15. I had her mom Duchess until she was 15 1/2.

My goal, once our addition is done, is to have 1-2 senior rescues here so they can live out their remaining years in a home. A few years ago I adopted my ~14 year old rescue foster boy. He only made it 6 months but it was a happy 6 months for him (he had been dumped in a shelter).

Again - kudos to you! Give those seniors hugs from me!

Valerie
labladyval

You rock Fran, thank you

Re: Re: A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Best of luck to you and the "golden girls" I have such a soft spot in my heart for old dogs!

Fran, you are indeed a wonderful person with a great heart full of love. The two senior girls in your care are luckier than they know.

Bless you.

"Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog."

"Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog"

What a beautiful quote - who said it?

"Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog"
--Sydney Jeanne Howard

One of my favorites.

Seniors just grab my heart.

Bless you for giving them a wonderful home.

Re: Re: Re: A HUGE THANK YOU!!!

Thanks BrassBrigade!

Valerie
labladyval