Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looks like the carrots worked so far

Started feeding them carrots in morning and in the afternoon and so far the poop eater puppies have stopped . Thanks to all for your help just hope they dont aquire a taste for carrots Anytime soon !!!!!

Re: Looks like the carrots worked so far

not to burst your bubble, but my dogs get carrots for bedtime treats, and my coprophagic dog cleans up in the morning, i think the orange makes them easier to find

barb

Barb, maybe he just likes puree'd veggies.

Re: Re: Looks like the carrots worked so far

Yep i've been giving mine carrots for years as the bedtime snack, each dog gets a big half a carrot and still I had 2 girls that were poop eaters, started giving them a tablespoon of vinegar in the night meals 3 weeks ago and so far no one is eating pooop.... wonder if it will continue to stop the poop eating?
Aloha,
jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

not to burst your bubble, but my dogs get carrots for bedtime treats, and my coprophagic dog cleans up in the morning, i think the orange makes them easier to find

barb

Thank you for the feedback as it is so often lacking on this board. Keep us posted and watch out for skin issues, carrots are full of natural sugar.

I'm with THANK YOU, the natural sugars in carrots caused major yeasty ears here!

I feed carrots as treats rather than buscuits and my dogs will still eat poop. No skin or ear issues due to sugar in carrots.

I have also had my dogs on viniger for other reasons in the past and that did not deter them either.

Pick it up as it hits the ground is my moto.

And no, I do not believe your dog seeing you pick up poop makes them clean up after themselves by eating it.

"No skin or ear issues due to sugar in carrots"

How about UTI's?

"natural sugars in carrots caused major yeasty ears here"

good to know, my kids get a piece of frozen carrot a day here! And yes it does not keep away my poopie mouth girl!

"No skin or ear issues due to sugar in carrots"

"How about UTI's?"

No UTIs either. Slight elevated PH once in a blue moon and I have been feeding carrots for years.

My one girl had elevated PH back in Feb of 06 and has it now in 8/07 so I would not say the carrots have anything to do with it.