Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
which day is day one?

When counting from the day of ovulation do you count that day--ovulation day-- as day one or the next day?

Re: which day is day one?

I like to count the days post LH (surge). So, if she was about 2.0 on Monday, then Tues. is day 1 - post LH. Then breed on days 3 & 5 or 4 & 6 post LH. (This would be assuming that she reached 5.0 with no problem). If I was trying to figure the days of ovualation, I would do the same. If she was about 5.0 on Wed, then Thurs is day 1 after ovulation. If you know what time (approx) she was 5.0 - I suppose you could count the hours from 5.0. As - 5.0 on Wed 7AM - then 48 hours after ovulation would be Friday AM. (approx)

If chilled/shipped then breed Sat & Mon or if you are nervous do Fri & Sat. (ideal would be Fri & Sun) If the dog is local & you are using Fresh

might not be a bad idea to pull a progesterone on the day of breeding to confirm where she was when you bred the 1st time.

Ovulation day is day 0. So if your girl ovulates on Sunday and you want to breed on day 2 and day 4, you would breed on Tuesday and Thursday.
Good Luck