Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hot chocolate!

Just a bit of a brag for some of my friends, hope you all don't mind.

I recently started showing a lovely chocolate girl for a nice family relatively new to the breed. She is bred by my good friend, Chris Valdez at Kenya Labs.

I showed this girl in her first specialty in Feb when she was just 6 months old. She placed in both her classes!

She's only been shown in a total of 5 all breed shows--all in the past month!! As of today she now has 6 points one MAJOR! She won WB/BOS (over a special) from the 9-12 class last month, took WB yesterday for 2 points (the major broke but she still defeated 19 other bitches!), but today at just a little over 1 year, she went WB/BOW and the major held in dogs, so she got her first major!

As the handler of this girl, I am very proud of her accomplishments and of my friends for breeding and taking such care of this pretty pup!

Congratulations Chris, Tricia, Kevin and Mallori! GO TEAM KENYA!!!!

Dianne

Re: Hot chocolate!

Go Team Kenya! You know we love our Chocolates!

WOW!!!!!!!!

Impressive, BIG congrats to all involved

WOW, what a weekend for Misty.
Moon is a very proud Dad.
Thank you once again Dianne for a great job showing !!!! and a good friend !!!!

Hey, Dianne, you forgot your Blue girl,winning the Match on Friday, Blue is only 4 months old.
Moon is proud of his kids...
Can't wait to see Blue at her first show....
thanks again

Our wins this past week-end were awesome! We thought that we had a possibility with Misty, wish not no more, "Hot Chocolate" on the horizon. Go Misty and Dianne!!! You have been a great mentor, handler and friend. Don't forget your Blue girl wins on Friday...
Our many "THANKS"

Re: Re: Hot chocolate!

Chris, I truly am enjoying the show family, everyone that I am meeting is very welcoming. I appreciate the opportunity to have a couple of Moon daughters. Moon is proving that he is a fine producer of some "NICE" chocolate girls. Way to go Chris... GO TEAM KENYA"!!!!

Congratulations! Do you have a photo link? Would love to see this girl. Way to go!!

Also congratulations go to Forestwood Gone Hollywood At Montview.....

owned by Julie Musella, who got the dog major at the same show. I am very proud of Julie and Monty!

Congrats to all the winners!

www.seifertlabs.com

Thanks Chris and Tricia!

Ok, well little Blue, was BOB at the match on Friday night. She shows just like her daddy Moon! I was very pleased at how well she stood for exam, even giving the judge a kiss went he went over her! LOL He really liked her and said it was tough to compete with and give the breed to a puppy, but this was a really nice puppy! I am very excited about this baby's potential and can't thank Chris enough for letting me have this pup!

Moon has been having quite a run this year too! Picking up more points in limited showing, for a total of 7 now, including 3 Reserves to majors, one being at a Specialty! Talk about HOT CHOCOLATES!!!

Hope to see you all at SVLRC this weekend!

Dianne

Thanks all for your nice words and congrats on Misty. We are having a lot of fun with her already and the judges keep telling us we will have even more fun to come! LOL

Yes, and congrats again to Julie and Monty, who was in LOVE with Misty in the BOB ring! His handler even had to ask if she was heat (which she wasn't)!!

It was a very exciting weekend.

Dianne

Re: Re: Re: Hot chocolate!

Love the little girl with the dogs on your site. Junior handler. You can see it coming. Nice site.
Go CHOCOLATES.

Way to go Dianne and Team Kenya!! Congrats on a wonderful weekend. You must be 'over the moon'.

Congrats to Julie and Monty too. That boy sure sounds like he enjoys the ring.

What a great weekend for you California girls!

Aloha,
Kim

The Best in Match puppy at Santa Barbara was owned and shown by my dear friend Sally Rosenthal of Barrister English Cockers. Rolex, a 13 week old orange roan puppy, first won the Sporting Group and then went Best in Match, essentially beating over 115+ other pups. Pretty amazing to win so big at such a young age, especially since he hadn't been leash broke until 2:00 that afternoon. Congrats to all the winners!

Re: Re: Re: Hot chocolate!

Thanks Kim! It was a nice weekend. Yes we are all over the 'moon' here! Love that Moon doggy though, such a great boy to travel with. He always gets to sleep on my bed at the hotels when we go to shows away from his mom and dad! I am very fortunate that I get weekend visitations!

Dianne

Yes, I saw him win! Congrats to your friend. He is an absolutely adorable little guy who did so well for his first time out there.

I had to laugh at the Bulldog though who kept trying to hump his owner's leg! The announcer got a kick out of it too and kept saying stuff about it over the loud speaker! LOL The Bulldog, despite his lustful behavior towards his handler, did win the Non-Sporting group. Hilarious!

If anyone ever gets a chance to attend this match, I highly recommend it! They hold it after Best In Show at the main horse area under the lights. The area is is fully surrounded by stadium type seating, but there is no roof, so it is all open air! The flooring is covered in sod grass. It is a huge entry of top quality puppies as most breeders who come for the shows, from all over state, always bring something to show at the match so there are lovely puppies in most breeds. Labs usually always draw a decent entry as well.

Dianne