Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Honest Kitchen

Has anyone tried any of their foods? If so how have your dogs reacted to the texture? smell? TIA.

Re: The Honest Kitchen

I bought a container of it once to take on the road with me. They all ate it, it is a bit "dried chicken soup" smelling. It takes quite a while to re-hydrate.

No upset tummies, normal stools.

I feed both Embark and Force. They both have a strong scent (to me), but the dogs love it. Of course, they're labs and they love everything, so I'm not sure that's saying too much.

I was contemplating it as an alternative to raw - or to add my own raw meat to it (as they suggest), but their protein levels are quite lower than I expected - I tend to like 30% or more in protein levels, but found honest kitchen to only have about 23%, which I did not like. Just read the label thoroughly. My dogs loved it mixed in with their kibble.

My mom's cat on the other hand, hated it and wouldn't touch it - so if you have a picky eater, that may not work.

Great customer service.

I have tried it.my cats loved it.I have some dogs who love it others who didn't.

EA -- Look at the Embark. The protein is 29%. It's also grainless.

HK Feeder,

I saw the 29% protein, but its still not enough. I was feeding a 42% protein diet and wanted my senior (the one with allergy issues) to be on a high protein diet.

Thanks for the info though!