Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Solid Gold

Does anyone feed Solid Gold Wolfking?
How is it working for your dogs. Some interesting ingrediants. Seems very healthy.
What are your coats like?

Re: Solid Gold

I used to feed it - really like Solid Gold but it got too expensive for me. Coats, poops, etc. were good - no problems.

Re: Re: Solid Gold

Neighbor feeds the wolfcub to his lab/rot puppy.
Her coat is great. He is very happy with it!
I may change from premium edge to solid gold.....

Yes, I feed it to several of my Labs and to my Pugs (they get the Wee Bites form) -- they are in good health, usually good coats (right now they are blowing coat), no problems with it. I usually mix some of the Millenia (also a Solid Gold food) with it. I also like their "tiny tots" and jerky treats for training, soft and can break into small pieces easily.

I feed wolfking to 2 of my dogs, one could eat anything and look good, the other has some food allergies, but since I've had her on wolfking it is nothing but complements. Their coats are shiny and thick, even when they shed out, they are thinner but still glossy looking. Stools are reasonable, and they can keep up energywise with all that i ask of them, obed, agility, rally and hunt training

barb

I used to feed the wolfking to one of my labs. Her coat was very nice, stools good, but the only thing I didn't like was the gas.

Excellent food use to feed it before I switched to raw. I still wean my pup's on solid gold pricy but worth it!

Re: Re: Re: Solid Gold

I used and sold a lot of Solid Gold here when it was a privately held company. I believe Solid Gold has been sold to an investment group and there are some reports that the formulas have changed and not for the better.
I switched my main brand here over to Timberwolf which is a terrific kibble food and it seems to suit all dogs and coats and condition are great.
Please spare me the "costs too much" For heavens sake these are our fur kids, and first of all they deserve to eat something that is good for them, and secondly the cheaper the food the bigger the poops which mean most of what you pay to put in the front just comes out the back with little benefit in between.
I feed my 10 a high quality raw diet and you don't even want to imagine what my food bill looks like, even I don't want to know!

I'm sure you know but Timberwolf 'organics' is not organic - I tried to find out where it's made, who owns it, etc. and the people at the company refused to answer. I did feed it for awhile but didn't think it was worth the price since they were not very forthwright with me.

I feed Wolf King to my girls, and they all look great. They ate Hund-N-Flocken before prior to Wolf King, and they did really well on that variety, too.

Yep I do know - Timberwolf Organics the name was around long before organics got defined as we know it today. TW is still one of the top rated dry foods in WDJ. However TW is a small tightly controlled company that sources all of its ingredients in the USA except the Lamb which comes from New Zealand, but TW is the most nutrient dense kibble I have found and every customers dog that has tried it is doing well. They are careful what information they give out since the big huge dog food companies are desperately trying to "go natural" but there are only a few manufacturing plants that are capable of producing an all natural kibble. I think we will all see huge shakeups in this business in the future and I think our dogs will benefit from it all.

My sister feeds her boy (my breeding) Wolf King and has for about three years. He's done great and continues to do great on it. Coat is always nice.