Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Soft-Sided Crates

I see a lot of soft-sided crates at shows, and I am wondering if anyone can suggest one brand over another.
Thanks!

Re: Soft-Sided Crates

I've had good luck with "It's A Breeze Too". It's available at shows and in catalogs.

I have two canine campers.. LOVE THEM

Just be aware - many shows ban the use of soft sided crates. I like a nice lightweight wire crate which won't get tipped over (by a dog inside or something outside) or chewed through, and I can cover, uncover, and attach fans to as needed. Also quicker and easier to clean in case of the yuckies.

The Canine Cabana is so much nicer and safer!!
I would suggest it over a soft crate anytime, plus there less expensive.
http://www.cabanasunscreens.com cut/paste

Re: Re: Soft-Sided Crates

I strongly suggest a Noz2Noz dog crate, they are very popular and sturdy. They have a very strong frame, and easy to put together.
I absolutly love mine, and am never going back. :) (I found the 36" is best)

WE bought a precision really like it.lots of storage pockets fold down flaps on both sides and the front.Little heavier then the others we looked at.But has it's own carrying case. It zips together but very easy to put up and tear down. Will buy more.

Re: Re: Soft-Sided Crates

I love the Noz2Noz crates too! Very sturdy, incredibly easy to put up/down, great venting, and comfortable.

Thanks for the responses, everyone!

Generally the shows in our area specifically do not allow soft crates in the set-ups. And for good reason. At the Raleigh Cluster last fall, at least one dog broke out of a soft crate near us (fortunately didn't go far).

My sister uses a cabana for her ACD. He had dug out of it numerous times, but since he does that while crated at home he has not put himself in danger (just the houseplants).

Cheers, K

I have had several types of soft sided crates. My favorite by far are the Noz2Noz crates. They are durable and easy to set up. I had Canine Campers and absolutely DESPISED them. There is a burgundy colored crate sold by WalMart and Big Lots that is similar to the N2N, tho not as sturdy, and it's smaller as well.